ballet flats.. in or out??

purplkaret

man, i always do this. i hold out on the trend till it's almost over. i'm dying to get these but my bf says i should hold out cuz the trend will soon be over... what do u guys think? :confused:

PG.EDWINR.BLKBKSU.PD.jpg

haha the bow looks hella janky in the photo but it's super cute irl!

SELFstyled

I think they'll still be in as there are quite a few ballet flats coming out for Spring. If you like it who cares if it's in or out? Just get it!
winks.gif

Bernadette

I think they are still in.
I have the opposite problem, I always seem to be onto things before they get really big and then by the time they are widely available and there are cuter styles out there, I feel kinda over it.
I think this trend isn't just a trend though because they are so functional.
I plan to buy some more flats when i find some that really tickle my fancy.
Go for it!

shopgood

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplkaret
man, i always do this. i hold out on the trend till it's almost over.

hahaha i do the same thing. i STILL don't own a pair of ballet flats, or any other kind of flats for that matter. the closest thing i have are vans slip-ons? lol but i've been seeing a lot of cute ones lately and i'm dying to get at least one pair before the trend fades (if it happens. bernadette makes a good point). i say get them!

i want these!!
1_52418_FS.jpg

aeni

They're here still as the 60s influence is still around.

To be honest I can't think of a shoe that isn't normally "in" besides seasonal shoes (sandals and boots)!

LMcConnell18

yea i dont think they are ending any time soon. but if u want something thats more in than not... go for some that tie up the leg. evreyone is wearing them. although i have some, i personally believe they are uncomfortable!
ssad.gif

Beauty Mark

I think they're cute. I don't think they're out yet. Who cares if they are? Eventually, they'll be back in style. If you are concerned about them going out of style and not getting much wear, buy cheaper shoes like at Payless or Target. They're usually decent and will survive the trend.

I'm a big of platform shoes and wedges. They cycle in and out constantly. I don't care about wearing trendy shoes, because I don't like to dress like everyone else and don't always love the trends (I was never a fan of pointy toed shoes, for instance.)

lorraine_loz

these are deffo still in...most shops are stocking up on them for this summer! i love ballet pumps, so great for those casual summer days!

Katja

Def. In. If you like Eet, Buy Eet! (I always pronounce my I's, EEs) Like 'I Peench'.
smiles.gif

amoona

if u work or walk around a lot they'll always be in lol. i bought a pair from target and i wear them everyday to work. they're so comfrotable.

moonrevel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernadette
I have the opposite problem, I always seem to be onto things before they get really big and then by the time they are widely available and there are cuter styles out there, I feel kinda over it.

Amen. Way before everyone and their mother was making trendy ballet flats, I was tearing my hair out trying to find cute ones and meeting with absolutely no success. Now, they're everywhere, and I'm like, "Where were you in my time of need???"

micky_mouse

i think they will be in and get them if you really like them.....i am the same way as bernadeeta i always am into a trend and then they come out with new stuff and its like ekk i dunno know

but my friend came up and got about 15pairs of flats because they were $2-$15 bucks and where she lives there $20-$60 and there super boring

Pinkangie

Quote:
marianzhou wrote:
hahaa dont have to follow the trend if you liek it, get it !

:hifive:

I did not like ballerinas at first but now I start to like them more and more. I have to wear elegant shoes for work every day, so they are a great alternative if you are sick of wearing heels sometimes ;-)

i wore flats last summer (2006). they're so great, i love them. but i wouldnt wear them as summer of 2007 approaches. its just my personal opinion, i feel like i overkilled my ballerina shoe phase and i'd like to try some nice wedged sandles/shoes.