Bat Black CCB

widdershins

Hello all!

I need some major help with Bat Black Cream Color Base! I love the color and the name (will always be a goth girl at heart), but I cannot get it to stop creasing on me. Is the key using very thin layers over a primer? Would a powder eyeshadow on top set it? What MAC shadows look best layered over it?

Thanks!

marusia

Yes, you need an eyeshadow to set it. Carbon is black.
smiles.gif

spectrolite

To prevent creasing you should definitely use a primer like Primer Potion or Shadow Insurance before applying it. And you only need a thin layer to get a good effect, don't over apply. I like to wear Beauty Marked, Carbon, Entremauve, all sorts of other dark coloured loose pigments on top. You can try blues, purples, coppers and browns for some really interesting smokey eye looks
smiles.gif

LMD84

yeah ccb's crease on my lids too
ssad.gif
even with udpp as a primer and think layers! so set it with a shadow. beauty maked and perhaps even later pigment or young punk shadow would look great over it
smiles.gif

EricaMarie

If you have any duochrome pigments, they usually look amazing over black. Think: Old Gold, Blue Brown, Green Brown, Pink Pearl. Or, if you have any of the mineral eye shadows from the Style Black collection, they'll look fantastic over Bat Black. Or even regular eyeshadows, like Romping or Stars & Rockets, Club, etc. I find the best way to experiement is to make a big black square on the back of my hand & then almost make a grid with different colors. Also, the Reflects glitters usually look amazing over black, even though they're not eye safe (but I've been wearing glitter on my eyes for almost 20 years now-whoa I'm old-plus I wear contacts & I've never had a problem, since I use a sticky base.) Hope this helps!!

Latest posts