Bay Area People???? Feedback, Please!

MissVivaMac

Hi Everyone!

If you live in San Jose Area I am looking for feedback for the following stores:

MAC at Valley Fair
MAC at Macys Oakridge

How were the artists?
the customer service?
If you had an appt how did it turn out?

Thanks!!!!

MUCH appreciated.

clamster

I haven't been to the oakridge, but valley fair has the MAC store and counter inside nordstrom. At Nordstrom there are a few REALLY nice ones and a few that have no idea what they are doing........... At the store it's ALWAYS busy. Even in the middle of the week, well not really but there's always activity in that store. Usually get help within 2-3 minutes of being in there if it's busy. The MA's at nordstrom seem more likely to do a makeover and help you choose products and demonstrate them. the MA's at the store usually just get you the products you want to buy and then lead you to the counter to make your purchase. Probably because they are more busy and have other people to help. If your going to Valley fair and want a more one on one experience I would go to Nordstrom. Try the store first though if it's not too crowded because that's where all the pigments and palettes are. And there's more space.. lol

soulstar

Valleyfair Mac store is a hit or miss but more of a hit! Sometimes I swear I'll be in there waiting for someone to help me! Some of them just chitchat with themselves =X There ARE a few ones I like... the guys that work there are really awesome! Ask for brett.. and I think there is a girl named amanda who is really nice too.. they offered to do appts for me. OH and there are 2 asian girls that are really nice too haha... shows how much I go there! I haven't had an appointment there but when they put things on me it's great! Definitely recommend you going to Valleyfair because I don't even remember Oakridge MAs!

MissVivaMac

Quote:
Originally Posted by clamster
Try the store first though if it's not too crowded because that's where all the pigments and palettes are. And there's more space.. lol

Well I work for MAC lol but I just wanted some honest feedback from everyone about the region I work in. haha

hhunt2

Quote:
Originally Posted by soulstar
Valleyfair Mac store is a hit or miss but more of a hit! Sometimes I swear I'll be in there waiting for someone to help me! Some of them just chitchat with themselves =X There ARE a few ones I like... the guys that work there are really awesome! Ask for brett.. and I think there is a girl named amanda who is really nice too.. they offered to do appts for me. OH and there are 2 asian girls that are really nice too haha... shows how much I go there! I haven't had an appointment there but when they put things on me it's great! Definitely recommend you going to Valleyfair because I don't even remember Oakridge MAs!

I agree with Soulstar regarding Valley Fair's Mac location. It is a hit or miss. They act as if they are not able to help you.
Recently, one gay guy helped me while he had 2 gals sitting waiting for him. He told me not to worry about the other gals that needed help b/c they will accomidate to walk-ins.
But I noticed in the morning hours (10-11am) and evening hours (8-9pm) are much more mellow (only a few customers).

ashariel

The Valley Fair MAC is usually crowded when I'm in there, but the artists have always been helpful when I've needed them. Then again, I'm comfortable browsing by myself. I haven't had experience with appointments though.

The Valley faire one is okay. I've had times where I've gotten horrible service, but they were super busy. Then theres times where I've gotten excellent service but that was because they were slow. So yeah hit or miss. Compared to my experience at the Pro Store, I think they are average but not top notch.

Leilani78

Valley Fair MAC-Its usually busy, and when it is its hard to find help if you need help picking out a color or something. When it's dead, the artists are very nice, but at times smothering if you are the only customer in the store.

Have you also checked out the Nordstrom counter at Valley Fair? I like to go there when the MAC store is busy. The artists there are very nice and helpful.

Oakridge Macy's-I've been there once and it was slooooow. They were nice to me, but I got a weird vibe from them I guess because they haven't seen me before.

I really like the Macy's counter at New Park Mall. The artists are very nice and are always willing to help and give out pointers.

intimates

definately Valley Fair, it's busy most of the time but the artists there are awesome and my makeup turned out perfect. the service at oakridge isn't so great, so I don't know about the MA there.

n_c

If I had to choose between Valley Fair or Oakridge, I would most definitely go with Valley Fair. Macy's MA's at Oakridge aren't very helpful but thats just been my experience.

I've gotten ok service at Valley Fair. The MA's there mostly want to just grab your stuff for you and let you be on your way...not good.

I also want to mention that the last time I was there the manager on the floor was a total mess. She was very stressed with all the people there. You can totally tell she was going crazy with all the people and couln't handle herself. If she would just have taken a deep breath and counted to 10 she would have been fine.

There is a one girl there though that is soooo nice and helpful. I dont know her name she's petite, Latina and shes gorgeous!