Beckham Coming to America

MAC_Whore

I am a pretty big soccer (yeah, I know...football
smiles.gif
)fan and read today that David Beckham is leaving Real Madrid at the end of the season to go the the LA Galaxy team. That seems so bizzare. I wonder if it will kick start Americans into realizing the ultimate, mega, uber-coolness of soccer??

Any other soccer/footie fans out there?

amoona

Ok so my mom grew up in Brazil therefore I was forced to becoming a soccer fan lol. I'm too lazy to play anymore but I enjoy watching.

Since I've become a celebrity gossip whore I actually thought this was going to happen a lot sooner. This rumor has been going on FOREVER. But now it's official and I think it's cool. Maybe this country will start appreciating soccer. I read that since they made the announcement this morning they've sold 1000 season tickets.

f1rewater

I'm guessing people will watch it for a while just because i'ts Beckham. Once the excitement wears off they'll forget about it and get back to the usual.

Oh and football/soccer =
thmbup.gif
in my book.

jenii

It's pretty cool. I'd heard rumors about it months ago, but I guess he finally made the deal. I know nothing about the actual rules or anything of The Footie, but I like to watch it. I've never been to a Galaxy game yet, but I've always wanted to go. My brother keeps saying he might take me to one.

redambition

ole, ole ole ole, ole, ole.

tong.gif

i love soccer. say football here and people assume you either mean rugby league or AFL.

Hawkeye

im a debbie downer-i hate soccer. I can't get into it. All it is is kicking the ball around. I still dont understand the whole beckham thing. :/

Sorry! But I'm happy all those who love soccer are happy
smiles.gif

Professor Fate

SOCCER SUCKS! it's one of the most boring games that i have ever seen.

this deal is just ridiculous. the MLS is only worth 200 million bucks...which is low rung in the world of american sports leagues.yet, the owner of this team just signed beckham to a 250 million dollar deal in the twilight of his career. sounds like it's beckham's last hurrah and the MLS's attempt to save the league by bringing over the biggest celeb of the sport to draw more fans.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Fate
....the owner of this team just signed beckham to a 250 million dollar deal in the twilight of his career. sounds like it's beckham's last hurrah and the MLS's attempt to save the league by bringing over the biggest celeb of the sport to draw more fans.

I was wondering what the deal was and whether he would be taking a pay cut to come to the US. He should be able to squeak by on that.

It will be interesting to see how this whole thing plays out. No pun intended.

MAC_Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
David Beckham sounds like Harry Potter when he talks
rofl.gif

That is all I will hear when I hear him talk now.
lol.gif

maxcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raerae
David Beckham sounds like Harry Potter when he talks
rofl.gif

OMG. You're totally right.
While I like looking at Beckham GOD I wish he'd never speak!!!

He's making a million a week, essentially... which is pretty darned good money... but it's not going to be bringing premiership level soccer to the US any time soon...
Beckham has washed up.
Real Madrid has sidelined him to the substitute's bench since the World Cup. Where he didn't do so hot, and got dropped as England's captain.
So, for someone looking at the sunset of his career, it's an exceptional deal.

giz2000

He is beautiful...I could just stare at that man all day...I could do without Posh and all their drama...that's yesterday's news!

lafemmenoir

A mil a week?! Ouch, I'm not one to b*tch and moan but dang! Celebrity obsession, my degrees will never get me that and I (no pun either) kicked *rse to get through uni....pft! Where's my makeup? Maybe he's hiring LOL!

Chic 2k6

tsk tsk that man is obsessed with money, he started off here in the UK. he left the England Squad/Manchester United for Real Madrid for more money then he leaves RM for America for even more money.

he should offer his wages to the hospital staffs - Doctors & Nurses