best brush for cream shadows

ansimi

I use cream shadows nearly every day! The brushes I use depends a bit on the product I'm using and the look I'm going for. I have a very good brush collection:)

My must haves would be the MAC 217 and 242. Those are also great brushes for all sorts of other things.

A typical application for me would be today when I used a paint pot (the light brown one, don't know what it's called) all over the lid. I apply it first with a 217 in light layers buffing as I go and blending it out above my crease. The only issue with using a 217 is that it's tough to concentrate colour at the lash line or even get really close to the lashes. That's sometimes not a problem if you're using a liner or shadow over it but I wasn't today. So, I used the 242 to apply a bit more to the lower lid and to drag it under the eye. Then quickly buff across the lids with a 217.

If I'm using a runnier product then I'll often apply it with a 242 or my Laura Mercier Creme Shadow brush or even my finger.

With some products, you really need to work fast to get it even and blended before it sets. So you need to be comfortable with the brush and know ahead of time what you're going to do. If I know I'm going to need a second brush before it sets then I make sure to have it handy.