Best way to drive away cigarette smoke

Esperanza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
Maybe what you can do is open a window very wide while smoking and get air circulating so that the air escapes outside before it can settle. If you have curtains or lots of cushions on sofas, wash those frequently.

That's what I do, the window is open practically everyday & the smell slowly began to disappear. We have 4 big cushions that we put on the floor & biiiig thick curtains and it's crazy how they absorb the smell :crap: Unfortunately the cushions have to be dry-cleaned but I'm going to take them to a dry-cleaner's soon, I just can't stand the smell on it anymore! Yuck! Oh and I've found some Cedar & Rosemary candles, I believe that works because the cigarette smoke isn't as present as before...

Kelaia

White vinegar is great for absorbing odours, and it is so cheap! Also, as someone has already mentioned...baking soda! I have heard that soaking a couple of slices of bread in white winegar and putting them around the house for a few hours absorbs any foul smells. I admit, the smell of the vinegar isn't the best, but it dissipates in about 30 mins.

This also works great at making you sinks and faucets lovely and shiny, as it cuts through limescale and soap scum
smiles.gif
(And I much prefer using it over say, something like CLR, because that is just laden with chemicals that really are not good for you to inhale). HTH!

karinaf

I use a ton of febreeze and have the windows open at all time. lots of incense and stuff. I try not to smoke in the house during the summer, and just go outside. during the winter, i'll crack a window open during the day to air it out and let things circulate. most people can't even tell im a smoker unless i light one up.

starraffy

Better not smoke inside your house or if you can't avoid it lets say you have a visitor who's smoking? Keep running your air purifier it helps and tested to get away with bad odors, you might want to open windows as well or put a scented candle in the area :)