• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Billie Jean/Michael Jackson Inspired Tutorial (FIRST ONE EVER!)

haleylovesMAC

Hey everyone! In honor of the late, great M.J., I decided that my first set of tutorials would be inspired by his songs. The first one is "Billie Jean". A classic. I always saw the song with black and gold, and this was my interpretation. C.C. is welcome. You can't get better if you don't know what you can fix.

Ok, here we go.

Start off with a bare eye.
keg9z6.jpg

Next, prime the eye, I used Almay Bright Eyes Cream Color in Golden Gleam. I also put a Post-It under my eye to prevent fall-out on my face. Not cute at all.
2h8bz44.jpg

wkjnyx.jpg

Mix a pale gold (almost white) loose eye shadow and light yellow loose eye shadow to create a pretty goldish-yellow color. Put that from lash line to just above the crease.
1j3lzp.jpg

oeed0.jpg

Use a black shadow pencil to make the outline of the crease. This doesn't have to be perfect. I know mine surely was not, haha.
25um7iv.jpg

hs58ao.jpg

Now, use a black, shimmery eyeshadow to blend that crease out.
17s9cx.jpg

35kqu6d.jpg

Take the original pale gold loose eyeshadow, and use it as a highlight. Blend the shadows together. To make the crease really dark and intense, take a matte, black eyeshadow, and put it in the inside of the crease.
34y1fgo.jpg

29p7kuh.jpg

Take a a Q-tip and make the edge of the eye really straight. Add mascara. This should be your finished product.
308v8ma.jpg

2rz9fna.jpg

Thank you for looking. Let me know if you like it, and if you would like to see more. If you have any requests, just message me. I'm up for anything.

Haley
th_DANCE.gif

TISH1124

I actually think the look would have been more defined with some liner and mascara on bottom and top lashes ....But Good job...Keep posting

madnicole

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1124
I actually think the look would have been more defined with some liner and mascara on bottom and top lashes ....But Good job...Keep posting

I agree - also I find defining the brow and highlighting makes the eyes 'pop' more - but love the post-it idea!

Latest posts