Bleaching my hair

Orchid_28

I have permanent black dye on my hair and its been about 3-4 months since I have colored it. I really want a different color like a chestnut or auburn color. So my question is what kind of bleach do I need to use? I went on sallys beauty supply online and it seems they have it for blondes to lighten their hair. What about for black dyed hair?

I also used a color corrector or fixer that is suppose to lighten your hair and turn your hair to its original color or an orange color...that didnt work for me!

I dont know what brand I should use. Any suggestions and advice?

Hikaru-chan

All professional bleach is the same, it will lighten any hair color and not just blonde.
If you not wanting to go blonde and just lift out the black I would use the bleach to lift to an orange shade, as you wanting to put on a red based color over the top the orange will just make it easier to grab on to.

Brand wise I've only ever used Wella Blondor and I do think it's one of the best on the market.

mistella

use the color remover to remove the black dye from your hair
then use bleach + 30 developer
then you'll need to use toner to get rid of the brassiness/orange. use a toner with a violet/blue base
this step is optional, but you can dye over it with a haircolor (chestnut/auburn) if it's not at the stage you want it