Blonde to red hair

xgill21x

Okay I need some help. I've been trying to get my hair red for a few months. I used Loreal Feria and it turned out beautiful then faded after two washes. So later I bleached my hair and tried again and it still didn't stick. So I'm wondering how to get it to stay red. I'd really rather use a home hair kits. Any advice? Like what brand to use?

Babylard

Unfortunately, I have only seen natural shades of red/copper browns in those home hair kits. If you go to Sally's I recommend grabbing some Ion Color Brilliance in the red shade. It requires no peroxide to mix. they also have other bright reds that will stick better (requires peroxide). the brighter red you go, the longer it will last and rinse in cold or luke warm water. don't use hot water to wash your hair.

xgill21x

Unfortunately, I have only seen natural shades of red/copper browns in those home hair kits. If you go to Sally's I recommend grabbing some Ion Color Brilliance in the red shade. It requires no peroxide to mix. they also have other bright reds that will stick better (requires peroxide). the brighter red you go, the longer it will last and rinse in cold or luke warm water. don't use hot water to wash your hair.
Thanks. I will consider that. How is it costwise? Would I need to buy a lot of stuff to mix it?

Mabelle

if yoru hair is blond or processed under the red, it will take a long time. at sallys ask for a red filler, it basically primes the hair, so that the red will stick around longer. the red will always fade quickly though. wash in cold water, the less shampoo you use, the better, and try and get one that is sulfate free.
and for the love of all things holy, stay away from the bleach! that will only make it more porous, and harder for it to stick.