Breaking out from Studio Fix Fluid

Civies

So I just got SFF (my first real foundation!) about two weeks ago, and I LOVE the coverage. It makes my skin look flawless and covers my God-awful huge pores on my nose, however once I started using it I started breaking out on my T-zone. I've read lots about people breaking out from this foundation, but I'm wondering if it's because of the actual foundation or if it's not completely removed from my skin at the end of the night. All I do is use a make-up wipe to remove my entire face of makeup, I don't really wash my face at night. I exfoliate a few times a week. I never have broken out badly before. I wouldn't say my face is breaking out badly now, but I've had a few more break outs than usual.

So I'm just wondering, what kind of break outs did you guys get when using SFF? Do you guys think my break outs are from SFF itself or from me not removing it well enough?

I really want to love this foundation! The MA that sold it to me was so nice too, I'd hate to return it.

Edit : I forgot to mention I use toner after wipes!

erine1881

you always want to wash your face at night, not just use wipes to remove your makeup. try that first and see what happens with your breakouts.

Babylard

oh gosh you should always wash your face at night! Especially if you wear makeup. Wash your brushes often too! Toner is a must as well. You will see how dirty the cotton pad gets even after washing your face.

Civies

Thanks guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylard
oh gosh you should always wash your face at night! Especially if you wear makeup. Wash your brushes often too! Toner is a must as well. You will see how dirty the cotton pad gets even after washing your face.

Growing up I've never really gotten into the habit of washing my face thoroughly since I've never gotten major breakouts, and my face isn't especially oily. I guess I should start doing it huh
ssad.gif
. I deep clean my brushes once a week, every other day I will just spot clean.

I forgot to mention I use toner after my wipes! Sorry.

erine1881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civies
I forgot to mention I use toner after my wipes! Sorry.

just an fyi, you don't need a toner after wipes, or any mac skincare. but please, PLEASE get into a skincare routine and stick with it. it will make a big difference in your skin's appearance.

LMD84

Quote:
Originally Posted by erine1881
just an fyi, you don't need a toner after wipes, or any mac skincare. but please, PLEASE get into a skincare routine and stick with it. it will make a big difference in your skin's appearance.

i agree with this. my skin used to break out all the time. but then i got in the habbit of keeping up with my skincare routine. now my skin looks 100 times better! i wash my face in the morning with purity cleanser and then apply my moisturiser. then i the evening i take off my make up with a wipe. to get off the majority. the use purity cleanser again to wash my face with. then use my night cream.
smiles.gif

Flaminbird

I talked to my MUA about this on Saturday and how it broke me out and I quit using it. She said "are you allergic to Silicone?" and I said well primers break me out and they have silicone in it and she said that was the problem.

forevernars

Honestly I don't think it has much to do with you not washing your face the fact you are using makeup removing cloths should be enough alone. This is just my opinion but I think there is something in the foundation particularly causing the breakouts I tried the SFF for the first time a few years ago and loved the way it made my skin look it was so flawless and beautiful but honestly by the end of the day/night before bed I could already feel and see the bumps coming in by morning my face looked like a pizza, No joke! :/ so I really feel there is something in there causing it to many girls that have broken out from it who do wash there face and have good skin care routine but still break out really bad from it.