• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Bronze-y smokey eye look [very pic heavy]

KTB

This is gorgeous!!! I have blue eyes so am going to def get Amber Lights and try this!!

mello

Thanks to everyone that commented, I really appreciate it
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chpidou
Fantastic tut !!! I love this makeup !
Where did you find your brushes ? Because I'm looking for good brushes but cheaper than MAC brushes.

I actually bought mine at Wal*Mart for about 15$. Around Christmas sometimes they have sets [although I did get mine about 2-3 years ago]. It was a set of twelve (including the brush roll) and the brushes are made with squirrel hair. They've served me well through out the years, I really can't complain. If you're looking for cheap brushes, try some of the Covergirl ones. My friend bought some and we were trying them out, they're very soft and work great. QUO makes pretty good ones, too! But I would suggest getting higher quality face brushes [powder, foundation, blush], it's really worth the splurge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahlowryfan
where can i purchase a petri dish?

Kuuipo's list of suggestions would work just as well as any petri dish would! But if you're looking for an actual petri dish, you can order them in bulk online. They're pretty cheap and are especially great if you're working with clients [so you don't contaminate your foundations or creme products]
Try checking out your local craft/art supply store as well, I'm sure you'll be able to find something that is just as functional as a petri dish. Craft/art supply stores = love.
Truth be told though, I just used the lids of some jars full of mud mask and bath crystals that I got for my birthday. Haha.

candynipples

you are gorgeous! thanks for the tut, i have everything you used on your eyes but bronze so ill try & substitute something else in its place...i love your hair!

mello

Quote:
Originally Posted by candynipples
you are gorgeous! thanks for the tut, i have everything you used on your eyes but bronze so ill try & substitute something else in its place...i love your hair!

Thank you!
If you don't have bronze, you could try using Antiqued if you've got that [adding espresso on top to make it a bit more brown?]. Or just try using espresso, I'm sure it won't make too much of a difference!

SnowWhiteQueen

Awesome! Great job! Gotta love the Smashbox softlights!!! You are really good at contouring! I'm so pale I always look funny...:thumbsdown:

Shadow

Great tutorial! Very detailed & easy to follow. You did a wonderful job. You look lovely.