BRUSH!!!! which one???

gracetre123

Hello ladies...

Ok..so i want to star my mac collection, but first i want to buy the brushes so I can use the all make up that I already own...

so my question is....which foundation brush do you recommend?? 187 or 190???

I have big large pores, and a lot of acne scars... what do you think that it's best for me??

i really want your advice b'cos it's a very expensive brush for me, so I don't want to waste my money!!!

TIA

dmenchi

i think it depends on the foundation u r using but the 187 is so versatile and never streaks. if you are a beginer the 187 is foolproof
smiles.gif
it blends very well over uneven surfaces and gives more of a natural look. the 190 is a little tricky , requires more blending and can streak. i personally only use it for extra heavy coverage with a cake foundation for special events, not daytime real life makeup . hope this helps
smiles.gif

mistella

187!! the best brush ever.. I have 3
smiles.gif
it gives such an airbrushed finish. and it's so soft

maxipoodle1

i would say the a 187, because it really is foolproof, my 190 i only use it when i have a lot of time to do my mu and my 187 usually everyday!

gracetre123

ok...so 187 will be FIRST!!! jajaja... but how do you use it?? and another stupid question...do you wash it every time you used it??? or you just clean it with some wipes or something??

mistella

I use it to buff in my foundation, just small circle movements. I wash it everytime I use it (there's a lot of bacteria on the face!). That's why I have 2 (my 3rd one's in my purse), so I can rotate when I get lazy. Occasionally I will clean the brush with MAC Brush cleaner instead of soap and water.

Doowop

can you build up your liquid foundation using 187 so that it looks like u used 190 and does it still look airbrushed?

Kiseki

The 190 works best to create a greater coverage but requires more precision, if you want something that goes very sheer and natural, go with the 187, if you rather like medium to full, then I'd go with the 190.

The 190 does take a bit of practice, but it's not something excruciating, usually it will be streaky at first, but you just have to dominate the movement and it'll be done almost as quickly as with the 187 with a much more polished and sophisticated feel to it.

Doowop

thanks! is it possible to have a heavy/full coverage using 187? as I want natural but full if it's achievable

Kiseki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glorificus
thanks! is it possible to have a heavy/full coverage using 187? as I want natural but full if it's achievable

I suppose you can, however I usually use the 187 for Dior spray foundation, which I like to apply very sheer, but with a thicker product if you reapply more than once you'll get a full coverage.

As for full looking natural, it's a matter of opinion. Personally? I don't think full-coverage looks natural, but that's my interpretation of how natural is supposed to look. To me, natural implies that the skin shines through the foundation and it looks only evened. Full coverage... well it's full.

If you want full coverage, I'd skip the 187 for now and go with the 190. Whenever I want to apply full coverage on someone (like with Mat Velvet + foundation from MUFE) I always go for the 190.

Hope this helped.