Can anyone wear any coloured eyeshadow? Which ones didn't work for you?

PBunnieP

I've heard some people say that anyone with any skintone/eyecolour CAN pull off ANY colour, it just depends on the application technique, placement and what colours are combined with it.

What do you guys think? Any MAC shadow colours that just wouldn't work for you? [Please provide skintone as well, thanks!]

peaudane

i think it's true that any colour CAN work, but some colours work better than others. Amber Lights is too orange on me (NC15) but It works as a thin line under lower lash line. It works nicely that way with my green eyes.
I've also found that I can wear pretty much any colour on my lid as long as I blend a neutralizing colour into my crease. Something that will ease the transition into my skintone.

Purity

I have tried lots of color combinations, and I think I can say that anyone can wear any color as eyeshadow, but it suits them more or less well. My skintone is NW20 and the colors that don't work too well for me (greens and teals mostly because it makes my skin look reddish, plus I have green eyes so green kinda makes the color dissappear from my eyes), but I use them anyway together with a color that suits me or together with black eyeshadow to make it darker as a "barrier" between my skin color and the green/teal color.

Karen_B

Sadly, I have yet to find a way to wear teals. For some reason it makes my eyes look red. I think I need to experiment a little and combine it with warm colours rather than cold ones, that might work. I love teals so I want to wear it on my eyes!

Dianora

I'm not able to wear eyeshadows that are too reddish, I think it has to do with my dark red hair. I imagine I could blend them with non-red-tinged colors to make them look better, but I tend to just steer clear of them.

Addicted2Beauty

Some greys, blues, and silvers make my skin look greenish. (I am a C6) I wore Silver ring to work the other day, and it looked ok in my bathroom but when I got under the bright office lights I really wasn't feeling it
thmbdn.gif

COBI

Anyone can wear any colors. Some are just going to look a LOT better than others.

Simply Elegant

Light matte blue and bright pinks are the only ones that don't work for me. I think it depends on colour placement and how pigmented it is too.

Dreamergirl3

anything too yellow/orange on my face. Trying to find the perfect bronze or brown colors is a HUGE pain in the ass considering most of them clash with my skin tone and make me look like I dunked my hands in terracotta, and rubbed my eyes and cheeks.

Anything too yellow/green, as well. I look jaundiced!
It's my yellow/olive skin tone. But at least the colors that clash on me, I'm not very fond of in the first place :p

MACATTAK

I agree with the others. I think anyone can wear any color & look great. It just depends on the placement, and how you work with it. For me there are some colors I just think are ugly (as an all over shadow), so I wouldn't use them alone. Instead I might place them on different areas of my eye along with other shadows.

GlamYOURUs

I have a mixed complexion. Its yellow, wheatish and fair in different places. I am mostly fair-medium. But I go darker because I want that one color and bronzed/tan look. I try to work in any color that catches my eye. I love bright colors so I usually buy bright shadows than earthy ones.

Cosmopolitics

Most grays and silvers, and cool-toned light blues do not work on my skintone. They make my entire face look dead. For reference I'm an NC20.