Changes to US MAC Website

gildedangel

I have been browsing the MAC website for the past few days and they implemented some changes today! All of the color/swatch squares are now bigger (they are the computer generated color photos) and if you click on one it changes the stock photo's color.

I like this setup better than trying to click on a tiny little square to see a color name, but you still have to click on the picture to get the name. It is much easier to see at least! What do you all think of the change? Are there other changes they made that I missed?

silentstorm143

I went on earlier and it threw me for a loop for a min. At first glance I like it and I love the little l/e tab its so helpful.

peachsuns

iagree.gif
with both of you. Big swatches are nice. But that not so small color description window kinda makes the images behind hard to see. Also, I wish we could get the names just by moving the mouse over it.
tong.gif

EricaMarie

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Also, I wish we could get the names just by moving the mouse over it.
tong.gif

Funny you mention that, I try to make that work every. single. time. i'm on the website. You'd think I'd learn by now!

silentstorm143

Quote:
Originally Posted by peachsuns
Also, I wish we could get the names just by moving the mouse over it.

Completely agree
smiles.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaMarie
Funny you mention that, I try to make that work every. single. time. i'm on the website. You'd think I'd learn by now!

lol I do that to
yes.gif

gildedangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaMarie

I do the same thing! I think it's because the website used to let you do that, and it made life so much easier!

GlamQueen21

I love the change!! I even wrote reviews on the website yesterday! I'm also liking the fact that when you sign in, you see your last order and you get to re-order the same product you ordered last if you want.

LMD84

i wonder if they'll do the review thing for the uk website? that sounds like a great idea
smiles.gif

Funtabulous

They recently changed the Canadian website too, and I HATE it! I feel lost and disoriented, pages take longer to load, swatches are tiny little squares that you have to click on to see the name of (and then click again to close). Too many columns. I thought the old website was much cleaner and easier to navigate.

I'm probably just being cranky and will get used to it. Except for having to click the swatches, though. I would be much happier if they had a tool-tip window with the name of the product on mouse over.

Oh, and I notice that different products are appearing on the page now! Saint Germain in the goodbyes? Didn't see that before.

AND I have noticed that there are times when a product description is not available! I ran into that today when browsing the goodbyes section! Do they really think the tiny swatch image is adequate?

On the old website, all swatches were larger size images displayed in columns on the page (like the size you get when you click) with the name of the product underneath. When you moused over the swatch you'd get a color description. All the information you need, easily available.

I know it seems like I am complaining a lot, but I'm really getting frustrated with this new site. In the faves section they listed 2 eyeshadows I did not have, and couldn't find the description anywhere. I'd actually have to go to the eyeshadow main page to find it.

I also noticed that when there is just one item in a particular category, it's impossible to find the name or description/swatch anywhere unless you add it to your cart (and even then all you get is the name). For example, To the Beach powder blush in Get Away Bronze. Wow, annoying!

Sadly, this is probably the end of casually shopping for fun on maccosmetics.ca. Now, it's more like I'll get in, get out, as quickly as possible, knowing exactly what I want ahead of time.

gildedangel

^^ I checked out the Canadian website and it looks like similar changes have been made, but I can't believe how much slower it runs than the US website! I can't figure out why because it looks the same.

I too would love if you just had to put the mouse cursor over the color to see the name. It would be awesome if the swatches were actually true to life too haha.

iheartangE

I like the new changes-except that when I went to my "Favorites" section, literally NONE of the products in there were correct. I had just saved a bunch of things there that I wanted to purchase soon, and now I have to re-make my whole list
ssad.gif
Lame!

Aside from that though, I think the new features are pretty cool!

elektra513

I've been playing around on the site for the past couple of days, and it threw me off at first, but I like it better than the last version. I like that there are various filter tabs. The last version was very annoying when I wanted to browse by [eyeshadow or lipstick] finish. I also like that the swatches are larger.

Modmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funtabulous
They recently changed the Canadian website too, and I HATE it! I feel lost and disoriented, pages take longer to load, swatches are tiny little squares that you have to click on to see the name of (and then click again to close). Too many columns. I thought the old website was much cleaner and easier to navigate.

I'm probably just being cranky and will get used to it. Except for having to click the swatches, though. I would be much happier if they had a tool-tip window with the name of the product on mouse over.

Oh, and I notice that different products are appearing on the page now! Saint Germain in the goodbyes? Didn't see that before.

AND I have noticed that there are times when a product description is not available! I ran into that today when browsing the goodbyes section! Do they really think the tiny swatch image is adequate?

On the old website, all swatches were larger size images displayed in columns on the page (like the size you get when you click) with the name of the product underneath. When you moused over the swatch you'd get a color description. All the information you need, easily available.

I know it seems like I am complaining a lot, but I'm really getting frustrated with this new site. In the faves section they listed 2 eyeshadows I did not have, and couldn't find the description anywhere. I'd actually have to go to the eyeshadow main page to find it.

I also noticed that when there is just one item in a particular category, it's impossible to find the name or description/swatch anywhere unless you add it to your cart (and even then all you get is the name). For example, To the Beach powder blush in Get Away Bronze. Wow, annoying!

Sadly, this is probably the end of casually shopping for fun on maccosmetics.ca. Now, it's more like I'll get in, get out, as quickly as possible, knowing exactly what I want ahead of time.

I noticed the changes to the Canadian site yesterday and I have to say I don't like it at all!! Our format before was so much easier to navigate.

pinguina

I noticed the changes to the Canadian website the other day too. I know when I had looked at the UK and US websites previously they were similar to eachother, but the Canadian one was completely different. I thought the UK and US sites looked more polished and professional, however the Canadian one was way easier to navigate. I was so freaked out when I first saw the change, I had no idea where anything was! :p
I'm getting used to it but still find it hard to use. (I'm also surprised that they still have slimshines in stock when they didn't previously).

peachsuns

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartangE
I like the new changes-except that when I went to my "Favorites" section, literally NONE of the products in there were correct. I had just saved a bunch of things there that I wanted to purchase soon, and now I have to re-make my whole list
ssad.gif
Lame!

Aside from that though, I think the new features are pretty cool!

iagree.gif
That happened to me, too!

Latest posts