China Glaze help!

nona300

Everyone seems to rave about how long lasting China Glaze polishes are, but for some reason they chip on me superfast. Which top coat & base coat do you use with CG polishes? Thanks a lot!

IvoryLady

I've been using Revlon's gel base and Sally Hansen Insta-dri topcoat. CG lasts 4-5 days on me before chipping, but my hands take alot of abuse so that's not unreasonable for me.

bbbird321

I use OPI Start to Finish as my base and inm Out the Door as my top coat. So far, the best combo for me... GL! It took a lot of trying things out to find which ones were "it" for me.

rapple

I have a huge stash of China Glaze. I think their seasonal colors are the most original, but I have to admit that their formulas are super inconsistent. Sometimes you get a great, easy to apply polish, and sometimes you end up putting 3 coats of gloopy, thin polish on (Shore Enuff, looking at you).

As far as staying power goes, Orly's Rubberized Base Coat has been a godsend. I can get 6-7 completely chip free days out of even the most crazy-neon pigmented China Glaze shades. To even out a streaky application use a thick coat of Seche Vite on top. Works like a charm.

Paeonia

I have a huge stash of China Glaze. I think their seasonal colors are the most original, but I have to admit that their formulas are super inconsistent. Sometimes you get a great, easy to apply polish, and sometimes you end up putting 3 coats of gloopy, thin polish on (Shore Enuff, looking at you).

As far as staying power goes, Orly's Rubberized Base Coat has been a godsend. I can get 6-7 completely chip free days out of even the most crazy-neon pigmented China Glaze shades. To even out a streaky application use a thick coat of Seche Vite on top. Works like a charm.
Same thoughts here! Some china glaze colors have an awful consistency, but with most of the colors i get a full week chip free nails :) I also use orly Bonder (a real lifesaver!!) and a topcoat of OPI start-to-finish.