Cleaning Pallets?

ebonyannette

I just wanted to know what you guys do when you get like eyeshadow dust (residue) on your pallets, I have one and it looks horrible with all the different eyeshadows all over it, my first insticnt is to wipe around then with a wet nap or make up remover.
Any suggestions?:confused:

midgetfury74

just take a dry tissue paper and clean around the edges. you dont want to use anything moist b/c it could mess up the color/texture of some e/s . but it really shouldnt be that big of an issue, i tend to wipe my pallettes clean every so often when e/s dust start mixing

Chic 2k6

this sounds odd but when theres e/s residue on my palette, i just blow it away and it goes no probs

lara

Just blow it away with a blast from a hair dryer or fan. I wouldn't blow on it via your mouth, though - too much nasty spittle flying about.

Dawn

Administrator
Staff member
I had gotten a damaged palette full of eyeshadows a bit back and didn't know what to do as it was a total mess. I took out all of the eyeshadows, set them aside, popped out the top part of the palette and gave it all a bath with dishsoap/warm water. It ended up looking like new again! Plus I felt it was 'clean' too. This was a 15 pan palette and I just realized could be meaning the 4 pan too, in which case those are a bit harder to pop apart. An option for those, I take a q-tip w/a little eye makeup remove to clean it up.