Comments on Vichy Normaderm

Willa

Hello ladies

I usually use Body Shop's Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream, but I also wanted to try Vichy Normaderm's Anti-imperfection hydrating care.

Any comments on that?
I've eard that some people had terrible breakouts with this product. I somewhat believe that because when I started using Vichy - Trace 25 - water foaming cleanser anti-dull complexion I had breakouts for the first 2 weeks but it all disapeared, like if it boosted the zits to come out and then it prevent's from having others.

Soooo, all this to ask if this creme would be a good purchase...
Thank you!

Holly

I totally have to reccomend Vichy. I don't have very much acne, but when I do, I put on the Normaderm Hydrating Care moisturizer (the one with the green lid), and the Normaderm deep cleansing gel at night, its like it goes away (or at least goes down dramatically) overnight. And as I continue putting it on, it keeps my skin clear, I love it!

My sister also used Vichy when she was younger, she used to have really bad acne all over her face, and she used to try like everything (even toothpaste, eww) and when she used this stuff, it helped a LOT, you cant even tell she had bad acne anymore because of the stuff. She was the one who even recommended it to me!

I think you'd like it
smiles.gif

capmorlovesmac

I used the whole Normaderm line a while ago but it irritated my skin so I switched to the Body Shop Seaweed products.

The mattifying day cream is irritating also but I mix it with the other day cream with spf and that works fine. But I still use the active concentrate by Normaderm (it is called like that here. the little tube with 15 ml).

To be honest Normaderm didn't improve my skin at all. Seaweed works better for me but I think there are even better products out there so I will switch to Biotherm after I used everything of Seaweed.

Willa

Yeah, I just don't know what product to turn to to be honest

I have an oily skin, so when I use ''creams'' instead of gels like the seaweed line from Body Shop I get blackheads instantly.

The fact is, its moisturizing my skin, but not enought, I still see ''lines'' on my forehead...

capmorlovesmac

That the Seaweed products are doing nothing against the blackheads is also one reason why I want to switch. I bought the pore perfector but it has seriously no effect at all and I don't need two moisturizers for the night. The daycream and spf daycream are a bit too much for my really super oily skin, too but the gel for the night used in the morning is not enough for me either.
ssad.gif

I heard great things about Biotherm and I so want to get rid of those blackheads and those large pores. Don't like those craters in my face!
nonono.gif

I am always thinking it is the best to use a whole product line including cleanser, moisturizer etc. But I don't know. Till now there were always products included that I didn't like.
th_dunno.gif

Willa

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
I bought the pore perfector but it has seriously no effect at all...

I bought it too
th_mad0217.gif

It doesnt do the effects they say...

I guess I'm going to have to try other things
I'm going to a VIP evening at The Bay in 2 weeks, I'm gonna ask for samples!

capmorlovesmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willa
I bought it too
th_mad0217.gif

It doesnt do the effects they say...

I guess I'm going to have to try other things
I'm going to a VIP evening at The Bay in 2 weeks, I'm gonna ask for samples!

I will try other things, too. I have to unless I want to offer guided tours through the lovely craters of t-mountains.
nonono.gif

I have tried the Pore Clarifying Essence by Sensai but it just clears the pores and doesn't makes them smaller. Is there anything out there that really helps getting those pores smaller?
ssad.gif

I've read that witch-hazel (hamamelis) helps but I don't know any product that contains that ingredient yet.
th_dunno.gif

kittykit

I was using Normaderm Active Anti-Imperfection Concentrate for a few months because I breakout before my periods. It helps to reduce the redness and size of the pimples but it doesn't work overnight, it takes a few days to see the result. I'm now trying out TBS Tea Tree Oil Blemish Night Lotion and I prefer this one than Normaderm.

Jinni

Quote:
Originally Posted by capmorlovesmac
I have tried the Pore Clarifying Essence by Sensai but it just clears the pores and doesn't makes them smaller. Is there anything out there that really helps getting those pores smaller?
ssad.gif

I've read that witch-hazel (hamamelis) helps but I don't know any product that contains that ingredient yet.
th_dunno.gif

I don't think anything will permanently reduce the size of your pores. That's why you generally see people getting larger pores as they age.

Witch-Hazel will only work temporarely. It's a common ingredient in toners.

You can hide your pores using a primer though.
yes.gif

capmorlovesmac

The Clinique pore minimizer is an amazing primer and it hides the craters pretty well. But there has to be something out there that helps at least a bit to tighten the pores.
th_dunno.gif

The Seaweed toner doesn't include witch-hazel.
ssad.gif