Concealer and foundation

widdershins

Depending on the types and/or brands, concealer is usually thicker and more opaque. It gives better coverage than foundation. I use both, usually concealer on my dark circles and any blemishes I might have, and foundation just to even out my skin tone and give my blush and other makeup a good canvas to stick to. I use mineral foundation and sometimes a liquid concealer.
HTH!

Kiss and Makeup

I use both concealer and foundation. Concealer goes under my eyes and on any areas I want to even out, usually my cheeks. It's thicker than foundation, and more solid, if that makes sense. My liquid foundation is runny, but the foundation is firmer, doesn't run. I don't use mineral foundation because, for my skin, it doesn't look the best. I do have mineral powder, but probably not the way most people do. It's not powder foundation, it's just..powder. I use a duo fibre brush to buff it on my skin, over my foundation.

Dreamergirl3

agree with what everyone's said! Concealer is thicker and way more pigmented than foundation. Foundations are used to even out the complexion overall, whereas concealer is usually used in smaller areas that need more coverage.

I haven't tried mineral concealer but I do love mineral foundation! I could never give up my regular foundation completely but I'd say mineral foundation is a must have.

cetati

I use both. I hate the look of a thick mask so I use foundation in a very light coat, very sparingly all over to even out my color, then use concealer in all areas where I want coverage (acne scars, wings of nose area, under eye).