Concealor/Corrector???

SaMy

Hey,

I was wondering wat is the verdict on using a skin color corrector (peach/pink shade for blue/purple lines) under a concealor....

is it necessary?? just an option that can be waved??

n if its a 'gud' product to be used - wat brands are good??? considering that very few actually have a product like this....

thnx a bunch

sam

iluvmac

I use Mac Select Cover-Up in Peach under my Select Cover-Up in NW20 and I think it makes quite a difference for my blue circles.

emeraldjewels

I think it really depends on your skin tone, if you have dark circles then use a peachy based concealer or if you have redness use a green colour corrector? Its not necessary to use these all the time if you don't need to.

SaMy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac
I use Mac Select Cover-Up in Peach under my Select Cover-Up in NW20 and I think it makes quite a difference for my blue circles.

select cover up in peach - is tht a pro product?

:)

iluvmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaMy
select cover up in peach - is tht a pro product?

:)

It's supposed to be a Pro color, but I found it at my Mac counter.
thmbup.gif

XoMakeup

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvmac

Same here!
thmbup.gif

gujifijian

Yeah I bought it from a PRO store..quite expensive...but it works wonders...some companies seriously need to come out with a liquid version of a peach corrector...all i keep finding is creamy concealer and those move around and don't stay put...omg i purchased Eve Pearl's salmon concealer...i gotta say it totally worked BUT it didn't last all day long and I'm not the type of a person who likes applying makeup or do touch ups throughout the day! Eve Pearl's salmon concealer doesn't have the staying power watsoever....I love Peach corrector from Mac...best product ever...i don't really have 'dark' circles under my eye...i do have darkness under my eye but it's not so extreme as some people's mite be...and it works for me..I think u should totally get it...

kittykit

I've been using Bobbi Brown Corrector and Creamy Concealer for undereyes for 2 years now. They work wonder.

HeatherNicole

I use MUFE Camaflouge concealor pallete no 1. Loves it. Its creamy and sorta cakey, but I can build upon it. Rule of thumb is less is more. I just used it to conceal sleepy eyes and dark circles on a bride, also had to cover her red,green, and black tattoo and it worked perfect

Lavande

I love MUFE and just got this palette after reading great reviews. I found the peach wasn't peachy enough (depends on skin tone but I am super fair) and I found the green to be really hard to blend, despite the palette being pretty creamy. Are you supposed to put concealer over the green or try and blend the green- maybe I'm doing this wrong lol.

Thanks
I use MUFE Camaflouge concealor pallete no 1. Loves it. Its creamy and sorta cakey, but I can build upon it. Rule of thumb is less is more. I just used it to conceal sleepy eyes and dark circles on a bride, also had to cover her red,green, and black tattoo and it worked perfect

HeatherNicole

It only takes alittle bit of green to cover the redness. just blend it well. Most times I do it was a sponge or a foundation brush to get it in there good. Often times than not I'll cover over it with something closer to the client skin tone. Hope that helps.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lavande I found the green to be really hard to blend, despite the palette being pretty creamy. Are you supposed to put concealer over the green or try and blend the green- maybe I'm doing this wrong lol.
Thanks

Lavande

Thanks, I guess it just doesn't blend well on me- I sent it back.

Thanks
It only takes alittle bit of green to cover the redness. just blend it well. Most times I do it was a sponge or a foundation brush to get it in there good. Often times than not I'll cover over it with something closer to the client skin tone. Hope that helps.