Confused about foundation shades.

I apologize this is kinda like a rant.

I am a light-skinned Indian NC35 in Studio Fix foundation and a NC40 in Studio Tech.

I just don't understand why they just don't make Mac foundation the same shade in every foundation.

So when I try a new foundation from Mac it's always two shades light then if I try another foundation from Mac then I find that i have to try a darker shade on my face!

So since my foundation has run out, I wanted colour advice from the MAC counter.

It's kind-a getting me mad, the lady at the counter recommended me NC45? Just because it was a very popular with Indian women, I told her thats good but its not the same for every Indain. So she tried some on me it didn't look right on me at all it turned to be too orange for me, but she insisted this was the right colour for me, when clearly it wasn't. So I didn't buy it, she clearly just wanted my money from me.

So what I don't understand with MAC foundations is why is it so hard to find my shade?

MAC_Pixie04

That happens, I wear two shades depending on the formula. Since the formulas are different have different ingredients, they wear differently. I wore NC50 Select Sheer, and I wish I'd worn an NC50 in studio fix fluid instead of NW45, because it was too orange for me.

But she shouldn't have continued to push that color, because it wasn't the one you liked. She should have tried to find you something else.

DC-Cutie

I feel you girlie
smiles.gif
So finally I gave up on MAC and switched to Bobbi Brown. Never been happier. The color matches to a "T". With MAC I used to get these orange undertones. It was very weird and I would breakout like crazy.

Maybe you should try another brand such as Bobbi Brown and even Prescriptives regular stuff or custom blend.

Good Luck

aziza

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC_Pixie04
That happens, I wear two shades depending on the formula. Since the formulas are different have different ingredients, they wear differently. I wore NC50 Select Sheer, and I wish I'd worn an NC50 in studio fix fluid instead of NW45, because it was too orange for me.

Same thing with me! It makes no darn sense. I gave up and switched to Prescriptives...I do want to try BB as well as mineral makeup in the future. Better yet I really want to try Makeup Forever's foundations...their color range is amazing!

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBenefitGirlyx
It's kind-a getting me mad, the lady at the counter recommended me NC45? Just because it was a very popular with Indian women, I told her thats good but its not the same for every Indain. So she tried some on me it didn't look right on me at all it turned to be too orange for me, but she insisted this was the right colour for me, when clearly it wasn't. So I didn't buy it, she clearly just wanted my money from me.

So what I don't understand with MAC foundations is why is it so hard to find my shade?

See..this is one my biggest pet peeves...MAs or SAs selling the wrong foundation because they don't want to take the time to match the customer correctly. IMHO, if the foundation is not right, then you can have the most fabulous eye makeup or lipstick color on and all people will notice is the mismatched foundation!!

There have been times (very few) when I have honestly told customers that we don't have a matching foundation for them (unless they want to mix two), and believe it or not, they keep coming back because I didn't push something on them that wasn't going to work...
smiles.gif