Convince me to get the 239!

wetwater

So I have a ton of eyeshadow brushes, but I'm really interested in the 239.

I love my Loew-Cornell dupe, but lately it's been feeling really scratchy and when I tried the 239 at the MAC counter, it was heavenly soft...which just fed my craving.

I don't own any MAC brushes, so it's hard for me to justify spending so much on a brush when I have a bunch of other perfectly fine eyeshadow brushes.

I'm also worried that I might be too rough with my 239 if I do get it and mess it up, so one question: is it damaging to the bristles to kind of rub it back and forth dry against a paper towel/washcloth? I do that with my other cheaper brushes b/c I tend to use one brush for multiple colors.

Please help!
Convince me for or against!

MzzRach

It's a fantastic brush - it is firm, so it allows for precise placement of colour, but the bristles are soft against the skin. The size is also excellent as it fits well on the lid area if you use the flat side, and you can use the tip for placement of colour in smaller areas.

It's a great basic, essential eyeshadow brush.

eidetica

Brushes wear out. How old is your Loew Cornell? As artist brushes go, it's a pretty good one for the money but with actual paint it'd have a short life. Medium quality at best.

So you may just need a new LC; or five. I have that many in rotation right now with all the greens this year grubby-ing them up every day.

That said- the cost of a MAC 239 is less than an MSF and slightly more than a pigment. You must be able to afford it. You just have clouded thinking because you see it as a Big Permanent Thing. It's not. It'll last longer, but it costs the same as a pack of MAC Wipes (worth every cent) and you'll get years out of it if you care for it. But you won't be buried with it, and I know you'll wind up with a second one in under a year. We all do.

So go buy it!

Holiday is coming. SE Brush Sets. Might be easier to take the plunge with four for $50? But you'll use the dickens out of two 239s anyway.

And it is the very most basic brush there is for eye make up. The 219 is next, then the (217?) goat blending brush. All are still under $25 each, I think.

What are you waiting for? Go. The First is payday; sit down with the budget and find $25 now. Cut out booze or something for two weeks. Your skin will thank you and your eyes will look great.

"You have to suffer if you want to be beautiful"
- anonomous, and very ancient idea.

StyleDemonXoXo

I agree that it's firm but feels soft. I've had mine for about a year and can see it lasting for a very long time. I apply my shadow with the tip of the brush and then blend by using it flat. It keeps super sparkley shadow(and any shadow) on ur lid instead of falling everywhere which is amazing. I have an se version and am very happy with it.
smiles.gif

feeorin

it's perfect, there isn't a look that I don't use it, it makes a huge difference in a look

LMD84

it's my favourite brush! i have many of them because i use the brush so often! you need this brush in your life now!
tong.gif
it's firm, nice shape and size for the majority of eye shapes. you can literally use this brush for anything on your eyes! i have even used it as a crease brush before!

rubyeskimo

The 239 is probably the best basic eye shadow brush you can have. You can use it with an assortment of shadows (both pressed and loose) and it packs both on so easily. You can even blend with it in a pinch!

marajode

Seriously, knowing what I know now, I say this is a no-brainer.
I have used mine daily for 2 years.
Daily with swiping on a microfiber cloth between shadows. It is as good as it was two years ago.

One of the best brushes you can buy.

rrx2wm

The 239 is a necessity in my opinion - you can do basically any look with it and not have to use another eyeshadow brush (blending may take a while, but its definitely doable). The bristles are nice and firm so its easy to pack on colour, but yet its not scratchy at all. Definitely recommend getting it; its a very worthy investment!

Latest posts