Covergirl Lash Blast Luxe -- New shimmery mascara

MACLovin

So, I stumbled upon this display today at Walgreens. Looks interesting..

I guess they've used the same formula but added colored shimmers to create Black Emerald (green shimmer), Black Platinum (silver shimmer), Black Cabernet (burgundy shimmer) and Black Royale (blue shimmer).

Perhaps this will be what some hoped MAC's DazzleLash would be, as many thought by the name it would contain some sort of shimmery material.

Has anyone tried this yet? I'm sure it has to be pretty new because the display has only been up within the last couple days. I'm curious about how it looks on the lashes though and if the little shimmer particles are fine and if they actually stay put, or if you'll find a nice little ring of glitter under your eyes after several hours.
yucky.gif

So if anyone picks it up, let me know! I'd love to hear your input.
thmbup.gif

MzzRach

I adore Lash Blast - will have to keep my eye out for this! I love how it comes in different shades. Very cool to use for a going out look.

NeonKitten

ok so i just came back from walmart where i picked up black caberet. i must say that it does shimmer but not very much just a sutle hint on the lashes. it does also make them more full and long. even my husband noticed and she never does that kind of stuff! i didn't make my eyes pop per say but it did make them more noticable i'm going to get the black emerald tomorrow b/c rite aid is having a buy one get one 50% off sale. i think if i get one thats more suited to my eye color it will make it pop more.
the only con is the packaging doesn't say which is for which eye color you just have to guess which would suit you better HTH

jen77

I got the Black Platinum. I really didn't notice any shimmer at all, I done a side by side comparison on one eye I had my regular Lash Blast and the Black Platinum on the other. I really couldn't see a difference shimmer wise in any lighting. But the Black Platinum one did seem to be a little fuller and longer, go figure since it's the same brush.

perfecttenn

I saw an ad for this in Glamour and am looking forward to trying it. I don't have the original Lash Blast, but I'd really like to do a comparison. I'll pick both up once Walgreen's has a BoGo.

gracilejenn

I have black emerald and I tried it yesterday for the first time. I really like how it made my lashes look, but I didn't notice any shimmer, or any hint of emerald, really.

TISH1124

I picked up Black Cabaret yesterday...It seems to have a bit of shimmer...But not overly obvious...It's okay .... I am not a big mascara fan though...I usually wear Bobbi Brpwn or Prescriptives False Lash...I don't venture out much

Cinammonkisses

I have a few girlfriends who have purchased this and they were not happy at all. They didn't see really any "shimmer" to the eyes and it flaked alot. So yeah, I think I'll pass on this product.

smi5290

i didn't like these very much... i tried the red and the green one. i guess there might be shimmer but it doesn't really show up. it just makes the mascara look dull-er and less dark. i wish they were darker