Dark hair follicle? I don't even know.

JULIA

Whenever I shave my legs, or any part of my body for that matter, I get these really dark spots. I hate them, I really do because it looks like I haven't shaved for awhile when I did. How can I make them go away, or at least make them less visible?

Now, on my chest area I have the same problem. I have these same spots but I've never shaved my chest, so..uh...what's going on? I hate it a lot, it makes me feel very uncomfortable. Any ideas?

kimmy

have you tried waxing? they may very well be just dark hair follicles which can be fixed with waxing or threading.
winks.gif

Sexya(TM)?Princess

exfoilate b4 u shave, this will help any stubble/hair become looser so u can shave more closely. it sounds like maybe u arent getting a close enough shave. u might like a shaving gel instead of a cream also. and maybe try a razor with more blades then ur using now.
smiles.gif

KimmyAnn_678

Doesn't sound like Keratosis Pilaris or at least the link I read. I have the same thing... I'll shave my legs and they will be smooth as a baby's bottom, but you can see like the remainder of the dark hair that is beneath the skin.

JULIA

I don't believe that's what I have at all. I don't have bumps. Really, my legs aren't the concern. It's my chest
ssad.gif

concertina

Sounds like it might be time for a trip to the dermatologist. I'm sure they'd be able to help you....

pinkstar

I think waxing would be your best bet. Over time, your hair folicles can stretch by constantly shaving/waxing/plucking, so your best bet is to rid of all the hair from the root.

ellienellie

It sounds like ingrown hair maybe??
I get this too, and I epilate, exfoliate and shave!
I'm pale skinned and have dark hair, so it shows up more
ssad.gif

You could try a cream for it. I can't remember off-hand what it's called, but I can find out if you like.