dental bleach:I want experiences!!!

Sanne

hi everyone!!

I want to bleach my teeth, because my yellow teeth have been bothering me for years (that's why you never see my teeth on my FOTD's
smiles.gif
)

I'm looking into the bleaching method with the plasma lamp. they apply a gel on you teeth and then they put a lamp on your teeth for 15 minutes, and they repeat this 4 times.

I need to know what you have been experiencing when you bleached you teeth, and I want to know how you did it and what way you reccommend to me
smiles.gif

I also want to know what I have to keep in mind when I'm choosing the clinic.

thanks so much in advance!

Shimmer

I just used the crest whitestrips home kit.
Amazingly effective, especially considering the price.
smiles.gif

I have no (sorry) experience dealing with a dentist bleaching. :/

giz2000

When Britesmile came out a few years ago, I had it done...it was $500 (although it appears that my dentist never charged me for it because I never got a bill!!). The experiece wasn't too bad....a little uncomfortable, but otherwise bearable.

My teeth were white....ULTRA blinding, Liquid Paper white. They were almost TOO white...they looked really strange at first, but I got used to them. The only problem I had was that they became SUPER sensitive. Right after the bleaching, I had these stabbing pains in my teeth, but I bought toothpaste for sensitive teeth and they stopped.

The effects lasted for about 6 months...I have maintained on and off with The Crest Whitestrips..which, IMHO, work just as well as the dentist method. They take longer,but the results are the same.
hTH!

Sanne

I do have very sensitive teeth every now and then but when I brush them with toothpaste for sensitive teeth, it goesaway. I think I'm going to make an appointment, hopefully I can get this done before christmas!!! I'm soo excited, this is something I've allways wanted!!!

Hello, I hope I can be of some help here! I've recently did the Britesmile bleaching a month ago and the results were pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
I'm looking into the bleaching method with the plasma lamp. they apply a gel on you teeth and then they put a lamp on your teeth for 15 minutes, and they repeat this 4 times.

^ This was what they did

The process? Tiring and i got really restless during it! You'll feel no pain, just heat.
The initial shade you'll see right after bleaching will tend to rebound back by a little after a few days and be careful not to consume any dark coloured food (e.g. coffee, soy sauce)
cutey.gif

I do not have sensitive teeth. After bleaching, I felt discomfort for about 24 hours, experiencing a short sharp pain once in a while but don't worry! You'll still be able to eat. The dentist will advise you to eat white coloured food for the first 24 hours
smiles.gif

To maintain the whiteness, I had a "bring home kit" whereby they made a mould of my teeth and gave me a gel. This will last for a long time, unless your rubber mould is spoilt (which is pretty unlikely) and you would have to get another mould done! You would have to buy the gel once it runs out though and is pretty costly. About SGD 450 in Singapore for the mould and 4 gel tubes. SGD 50 per tube when you run out of the gel. Each tube can last you for about 1-2 weeks if you use it everyday.

HTH! Sorry, I dont know how much it is in the US but 1 USD = 1.56 SGD. It's really worth the money!!
wavey.gif

Bernadette

I used the at home bleaching from my dentist a few years ago and had great results. I had my first treatment in the office and then took the trays home and used it. I also had left over of the bleaching gel and it never expires if you keep it in the fridge. I can still use it for a touch up when I feel that I need it. I get compliments on how white my teeth are all the time
greengrin.gif

Raerae

Yeh this is on my list of things to do. I really notice other people's teeth when they are really white.

The only good thing is that I typcally dont notice people who have yellow teeth (coffee adict lol), so i figure the only person who is hyper aware of my teeth is me.

I figure the reason you notice peeps with bright white teeth, is because it's not the "norm." So when you see it, it stands out. Wheras, if yellow (such a gross color lol) teeth were abnormal, you'd notice the peeps with darker shades.

Sanne

I'm going to get it done,I made an appointment for the 22nd of dec!!! bright smile by christmas! I'm so excited!!! I'm going to take bombshell lipstick with me, and I'm going to put it on when I leave that building
greengrin.gif
first time I can without the color making my teeth look horribly yellow!!

giz2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne
I'm going to get it done,I made an appointment for the 22nd of dec!!! bright smile by christmas! I'm so excited!!! I'm going to take bombshell lipstick with me, and I'm going to put it on when I leave that building
greengrin.gif
first time I can without the color making my teeth look horribly yellow!!

You won't stop looking at your teeth in the mirror....I promise you!
rofl.gif

Sanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by giz2000
You won't stop looking at your teeth in the mirror....I promise you!
rofl.gif

lol I bet!!! I can't wait, I'm swatching lippies in every drugstore
greengrin.gif

BinkysBaby

I've never had my teeth bleached but the few people that I know that have says that it causes extreme sensitivity. I have a little regimine that I do to keep my teeth white. Twice a day, I rinse with Listerine Whitening Pre Brush Wash. I night, I brush with Crest Whitening Expressions and for my AM brush, I use Rembrandt whitening toothpaste for smokers. I do not smoke but I find that formula is more effective than the other. Anywho, good luck with your appointment on 12-22. I can't wait to see pics of your new smile.

Sanne

wow I'm dissappointed...
ssad.gif

I went for a dental bleach last friday, and it was hell! I had so muh pain afterwards, it was like my teeth where connected to the powernetwork! luckily the pain was gone the next day, but now I'm kinda disaapointed about the whiteness my teeth where very white right after, the told me it would get a bit less white, but only like one shade. I feel like my teeth are only one shade lighter than what they where!!

here are two pics, one before and one from after the bleach. please let me know what you think, because I think I want my money back...
ssad.gif

this is after
whitesmilemyass.jpg

and this is before
whitesmilemyass-before.jpg

Miss World

I did zoom a couple of weeks ago.. didn't go THAT well... my teeth didn't turn all that white (well, not as much as I hoped for).. the dentist said that my teeth are naturaly of this color and if I wanted them whiter, I should consider getting veneers.. kinda thinking of trying the Crest whitening strips.

Bianca

They look whiter than they used to be but I expected something different! (like Hollywood smile)...what do those people do I'm asking myself (I'm not being mean!!!)

kaliraksha

Yeah, I would still try... maybe they can do it again in a few months for free if you're unhappy... at least get you to a lower shade of white. They do look lovely, but probably not worth the money/discomfort. Sorry Sanne =(