Different smokey-eye techniques

HoneyDip

Hey everyone!

I don't know in what other forum to post this question, so I thought I put it in here.. I'd like to know what kind of technique you guys prefer for creating a strong eye-look (like a smokey-eye for the evening),

1.) put a darker color on the lid and let it fade upwards

or

2.) put a lighter color on the lid and do a strong crease

I'm just interested what you guys are mostly goin for when creating a smokey eye. Also it will probably depend on the eye-shape what looks good or not.
I like both.. but found that if I'm in a hurry, it's easier for me to just put a dark color on the lid and blend that out with a softer color.. I just tend to mess it up if I'm not careful enough with putting dark shadow in the crease. =)

Simply Elegant

I like a more defined look and accentuate the crease and outer v. I have big round eyes and just think this looks better on me. Also because my skin is light, it looks dramatic but not too dark.

fuzz

I like both the ways u mentioned above.Depends wht im in the mood for.I go for the darker colour on the lid with a softer colour in the crease more often.

DianAdams

i always put a neutral color on my lid, and lighter color in my tear duct, and a black (urban decay oil slick) on the outside corner and alittle in crease, not hat much tho. i like it its a sheer softer black. so i can play up my liner and lashes

MizzTropical

I like the first way u posted, a dark or medium shade allover the lid blended up and out~thats what a smokey eye is to me, a lighter lid shade and a strong crease is more of a dramatic eye for me.