Do I have a chance at MAC?

Hello ladies. I'm curious what my chances would be going from working in an office environment (Real Estate & Property Management) to working at a MAC counter or store w/ out any schooling or prior cosmetic experieince.
I really wish I had gotten into makeup long ago...I honestly feel like it's my passion and I want to get out of this field. MAC is pretty much the only cosmetic company I would consider working for since 95% of my stash is MAC and I just love it so much.
I feel that I am extremely knowledgeable about most of the products & collections and I could really impress them if given the chance. But do I even have a chance if I were to walk in & speak w/ the manager?
What kind of changes would I need to make on my resume & cover letter? If at all, since none of it is cosmetic related?
ssad.gif

I want this so bad but I feel a tad intimidated & have self doubt.

ANY tips, advice, *anything* you can offer me would be very useful.

Thanks so much!

ash10spro

start honing your skills, thats what i'm doing at the current moment. also, try to take some freelance jobs and promote your services. the more professional your experience looks on your resume, the more they will consider you. Basically, know how to do makeup well on ALL skin types, ages, and etc. and when you finally think you are ready, hand in that application. what could it hurt? i know for me personally, i am working on getting a pro card first. once i get all i need for that and actually BECOME a pro member, then i am going to try and see if i can work my way into a position with the company. HTH! =)

Chrissi Star

Definatly what amoona said. Definatly being able to do amazing makeup is a must. Retail experience also seems to be required. Its always worth a shot! The worst that could happen is u don't get it, but ull learn more, and do better next time!

amoona

To add to what Chrissi said I feel like as long as you have bomb make-up skills and experience in sales (retail perferred but sales is sales) then that comes second. That's how it is out here. By all means try though even if you don't feel like your make-up skills are up to par yet because if the manager interviewing you is a good manager then she/he will give you amazing feedback either way.

Thanks so much everyone for all your input...it all really helps. I think I can do makeup pretty darn good..so I'm gonna go for it. We'll see what happens.

Thanks!

One more thing: on my resume & cover letter I have that my objective is for "MAC Makeup Artist & Sales Associate"
Should I take the SA part out or leave it?

Any other tips or something to add or def. not have my either my cover letter or resume?

Thank you!!