Do you bleach your eyebrows?

sexypuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kels823

For those of you that use brow gel - what brands do you suggest? And if I have jet black brows, will using a lighter brow gel really make a difference?

I have only used MAC so far. I wanted to go from black to brown and it worked for me. I also like the fact that it's a 2 in 1 product.

user79

I guess we always want want we can't have! I always thought super dark eyebrows look amazing, if they are elegantly plucked.

kristina ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissChievous
I guess we always want want we can't have! I always thought super dark eyebrows look amazing, if they are elegantly plucked.

Me too! I love a dark, nicely defined brow.

milamonster

i thought of this when i had my hair died but i am too chicken to do it
i lightened my brows with a nyx brow pencil

nyx brow pencil
100_9506.jpg

how my brows are usually

100_9534.jpg

brownubian

I have been bleaching my brows myself for almost 2 years now...my hair is a golden brown color and looks awful with my really dark brows so I colored them a medium brown - instantly brightens and opens up the eyes.

Maybe try a professional when you start out until you get the hang of it and feel comfortable doing it yourself.

A Ro

I went through a period in the late 90's when I did (thought I was Sam Fine or somebody). I did them myself with a drugstore kit, probably Sally Hansen. I thought they were really cute in the mirror. Then I got some photos back. Even with brow pencil or powder on top, it just looked like I was eyebrow-less. And that was the end of that
thmbdn.gif

*Star Violet*

My eyebrows are super thick and very black. I've never had to colour them in but instead cut them thinner.
Since the past 2-3 years I used to dye my hair red - light brown and whenever I bleached my eyebrows, they always looked better bleached to a shade darker than my hair colour.
Now I've dyed my hair black and just let my eyebrows unbleached.

spoiledkiwi

I don't know if this has been mentioned, but if you have eyebrows with long hairs that you have to trim when getting your eyebrows done, then don't bleach them. The hair will grow back and you're going to get visible eyebrow roots. Lightened eyebrows are a lot of work to maintain, if you bleach them, prepare to keep bleaching them or dye them back to their natural color. For a subtle color change like black to brown, I recommend a pencil or colored brow gel. If you have KimK's eyebrows and blonde hair, then I would bleach them.

kdd2411

I bleached mine when I had really light brown hair, since my hair is really dark brown. Now that my hair is closer to its natural shade I don't bleach them.

she

i don't bleach my brows but i do a total color change for them depending on the color of my hair. i use different colored brow pencils and shadows to set them i.e. when i get red highlights i use a burnt sienna shade of brow pencil and set them with embark e/s. i feel like it's a temporary fix
winks.gif

sunscreens

I have always wanted to do this, I have jet black brows and would love to go a shade lighter with both my brows and hair -problem is I dont know how light or what colour to try with my NC40 skin.

makeuptianna

I actually wanted to bleach my brows too! My dreads are almost jet black and my brows are fair so what I did was go a step lighter and used "Strut Brow" pencil by M.A.C and I love it! Check my pic and profile pic. Its what I used!

califabulous

I had it professionally done when my hair color was chocolate caramel and honey blond. They only lightened them slightly and it was fab. I didn't need to get it done often either...

tuttifrutti

i think because of the regrowth factor..i would opt out of it...
but for those who want to do it..like one of the other poster said..jolen bleach creme works fine..just make sure it doesn't get in your eyes..it makes my eyes water everytime i use it to lighten my eyebrows...
btw..i think light hair and dark eyebrows are ohh soo hot..

JusticeIsHere

Try Jolen facial bleach I for one bleach my brows because my natural brows ae very dark, I am always changing my hair, and hair color, and its really pretty especially when i shade them in to get my "perfect brow" look. Plus I hate super dark eyebrws they just look eww to me lol. Jolen facial bleach can be found at walmart. It is less than 10 bucks and lasts a long time. Just in case you are still interested