Do you think I was wrong?

electrostars

I got banned from the MAC LJ community yesterday for having an opinion.

do you guys think I was wrong for saying what I said?

This is what happened..

I had a sale up, and i put some of my "diy eyeshadows" as she referred to in it..because I have a bunch of them and I don't need all of it? lol.
and a day and a half after i posted my sale, she's all "for sanitation purposes, please remove the diy shadows"..so I did and then I commented with, "food for though: for sanitation purposes maybe you shouldn't allow pigment samples/pressed pigments to be sold in your community, because you don't know if the person sampling/pressing pigments has been picking their ass while doing. it's really no different."
a bunch of people commented agreeing with me and then this morning tornwhiteflag commented with, "absolutely uncalled for." deleted the post, and removed me as a member from both the mac lj and the mss community.

I'm just so bitter about it, because I've been in that community since like it's started..so yeah..and it was one of the things I read daily. lol. I DON'T KNOW WHAT DO WITH MYSELF. I still have specktra though.
heart.gif
grouphug2.gif
smiles.gif

ilovexnerdsx

i understand your frustration and i probably would have said something similar. while you made a good point, i think you could've said it in a different, more sophisticated way. that way you probably wouldn't have been banned.

i agree with you though, and props to you for speaking your mind
smiles.gif

electrostars

thank you! yeah, haha actually it was going to be alot worse then what I had actually posted...but ah well. I was just all *shakesfist* grr. lol.

Hawkeye

I think you should've worded it differently as well.

and we all have to remember that over the internet you cannot necessarily tell a tone of a person etc. And I think the way you worded it it was uncalled for but at the same time maybe you can write to whoever is in charge and say -look I was very upset because I've been here since it first started and I've never had this happen before being so heavily moderated etc.

kaliraksha

I think it could have been worded differently as well... but I give you props for the comment... maybe if it had been sent privately to you? Is that possible on LJ? Anywho, I think she's being too picky... I may have deleted the comment and sent a message to you... but not removed you from the community if I was in her shoes. Also, though... if other members were agreeing with you I would have lreconsidered "my rules" for sales.

electrostars

The comment I left to her was in the replies to my sales post, it wasn't right up on the community for everyone to see it. Unless of course they actually read through my comments.
But..I did have a bunch of members agreeing with me, and I still do have a bunch of people agreeing with me.

Janice

I'm not going to second guess her decision, but maybe there was more than just this comment going on? It does seem a bit extreme if it was just this isolated incident. However, if there has been previous moderation before this, it might have just been the "last straw".

I'm glad you still have Specktra, but I would send a note to the mod who banned you letting her know how much the MAC LJ community means to you? I don't know if that will help as I don't know the rules they have set in place for banning. I know that we do not allow banned members to request their membership to be reinstated, but we also have more stringent banning policies. BOL regardless sweetie.

lafemmenoir

It has so much to do with Netiquette. The intent may have been in defence of her reason for removing your products; however, it may have embarrassed her as you did have a good point re: sanitation. It hurts to be "banned" I bet. It'll pass, and yes, you have Specktra. Can you contact the mod?

MacMonster

that's hilarious! I love what you said!

it is hard to tell what people with a little power will do though.

MacMonster

good luck getting back in there :x I know that sucks! I'm not part of anything other than this forum though ^_^

electrostars

well..
i'm allowed to post comments on the community now..I'm just not allowed to post original posts. BLAH. lol.

Beauty Mark

Quote:
That some admins get some sort of a god complex

That's so true. Some moderators don't understand that the rules apply to them, too, and they can't be jerks just because they can't be banned. The worse is when you're in communities with more than one mod and they're best friends who'll always take up for the jerk mod.

Well, it's a good think you're allowed to comment. Maybe you'll soon be allowed to post again with good behavior?