drugstore mineral makeup

myystiqueen

have anyone ever tried Prestige SkinLoving Minerals Powder Foundation??

lots and lots of people in myy place rave about this one....... i've only tried Maybelline (which i really love)... so this is going to be next on myy lists.... ^^

raen

Physicians Formula Loose Mineral Powder is awesome. It covers great, but only lasts the day. It starts to melt on me by the end of the day.

the L'Oreal Bare Naturals is sooo cakey. It looked terrible on my hand, let alone my face. I couldn't buy it when it looked so bad on my hand.

wendi488

Re: Drugstore mineral makeup?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShesAFoxyLady
Maybellines pure mineral powder foundation is amazing - gives a beautiful airbrushed look and doesn't have talc in it etc etc. I'd highly recommend (and I bought it because it was highly recommended to me by several others - so seems like its a good one
smiles.gif
)

I agree, I use this as my everyday makeup for work and when I don't feel like using liquid foundation. I use the loose mmu foundation daily but it does come in a liquid version too which I also bought. Both types lay down a medium to full coverage depending on how you build it. The loose powder gives an air brush quality when buffed on. It comes with a small kabuki brush but it's hard and sucks. I use the one quo makes.. it's flat on top and made of goat hair. I definitely reccommend this product!

S.S.BlackOrchid

I love the Neutrogena one. It is sheer, it's like a powder version of tinted moisturizer and the compact has more coverage than the loose powder that comes with the brush applicator. I like it because it blends into my skin well and lasts all day.

jama1

I've done a lot of research on mineral makeup. Many of the brands are not truly "minerals". They have artificial ingredients, parabens, etc (the same ingredients in regular makeup). So, I guess it depends on why you are looking to buy it. If you want it because it is more natural, look at the ingredients. Most of the cheaper drug store brands are not all natural (which is why they can sell them for so cheap). Even brands like MAC (gasp!) and Laura Mercier have parabens in them..

I tried a line called Christopher Drummond Beauty. It is wonderful. They promise to be 100% natural, organic and Vegan! Very cool....I think it is possibly the best foundation and concealer I have ever used. Seriously.

Anyway, look at the ingredients. Again, if you are looking for an all natural makeup, you probably won't find it at the drug store!!!

prochmains

I think there is some problems in using the mineral make up.I suggest you that Throw out any cosmetic or mineral makeup product that's over 1 year or staph infection may take over on your skin.Don't share makeup, cosmetics, skin care, or brushes with anyone, even a family member or friend.Wash foundation or other makeup brushes after each use.Don't purchase used cosmetics from auction sites.​