• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

Every day look for Porcelain Beauties

Growing Wings

I've found that a lot of every day looks can look quite heavy on me. As there was a request posted for a tutorial for fair skinned people with blue eyes, I thought I'd share a softer look I like that gives my blue/grey eyes a little bit of a pop.

Makeup

makeup-1.jpg

• Foundation - At the moment I'm using L'Oreal True Match in Neutral Ivory, but it's a little too dark. The search for a good foundation continues
    th_LMAO.gif
  • Benefit High Beam
  • Powder (again, I use L'Oreal True Match in Ivory)
  • Benefit Boi-ing concealer, shade 1
  • No7 Instant Radiance concealer
  • MAC eyebrow pencil
  • UDPP
  • MAC eyeshadows in

1. Nylon
  2. Shroom
  3. Retrospeck
  4. Naked Lunch
  5. All That Glitters
  6. Era
  7. Woodwinked
  8. Espresso

• Black pencil eyeliner
  • Mascara (I'm currently using Rimmel Glam Eyes and loving it!)
  • NARS Luster
  • MAC Hug Me l/s
  • Sweet Tooth Tendertone
Brushes

brushes.jpg

• Random powder brush
  • Concealer brush that works well for outer V (closer pic shown when it's used)
  • Stiff eyeliner brush
Start with a clean, moisturized face. I haven't plucked up the courage to post a no-makeup picture of myself, so there's no photo for this step
cutey.gif

I mix a little bit of High Beam with my foundation. This gives a little more of a glow, without the overly sparkliness that High Beam usually gives.

1.jpg

Apply your foundation with the 187 brush. And apparently pull a silly face.

2.jpg

Using the 194 brush apply the Boi-ing concealer over any spots or blemishes you may have. Use the brush (or your finger) to pat the concealer in, rather than wiping it over the area.

3.jpg

Next, use the Instant Radiance concealer to hide those dark under eye circles. I find this is better than that boi-ing concealer which tends to crease when used under the eye.

4.jpg

Looking better already! Fill in your brows.

5.jpg

Apply the UDPP all over the lid. Once it's completely dry, use the 224 brush to apply a thin layer of Shroom all over the eye area. There doesn't need to be a lot (Shroom doesn't really show up on me anyway), just enough to make blending easier later on.

6.jpg

Use the 213 brush to pat Naked Lunch onto the inner half of your lid. We'll be using the 213 to apply all eye shadows unless otherwise noted.

8.jpg

Then apply All That Glitters to the outer half. Blend them together using the 224 brush. For some reason mine doesn't look blended, but it is, I promise!

9.jpg

Next, take Era and apply it to the crease. Take it slightly above, and form a shape like the one pictured below. Blend that out using the 275, as it's denser than the 224 so will soften the line easier.

10.jpg

Now's the time for that concealer brush and Woodwinked.

11.jpg

Apply Woodwinked to your outer V and crease, and blend it out. I also applied a little Retrospeck over Naked Lunch using the 213 and blended upwards.

12.jpg

Take the stiff eyeliner brush and line your lid with Espresso. Using eyeshadow creates a far softer look, as fluidlines, or even pencil eyeliners at time, can look a little too dark and harsh.

13.jpg

Line under your eye with All That Glitters (inner) and Espresso (outer). You don't need a lot, just enough to add a little definition. I also used my 224 brush to apply a little of Nylon to highlight under my brow.

14.jpg

Next, line your upper water line with your black pencil eyeliner. This darkens your lashes without the 'OMG you're wearing black eyeliner' look. This was so hard to take a photo of!

15.jpg

Add your mascara, and that's your eyes done!

16.jpg

Apply NARS Luster using the 187 brush. It's such a pretty colour and really gives you a healthy glow, but applied with a normal blush brush it's waaaay to dark for us pale girls.

17.jpg

Add Hug Me l/s and Sweet Tooth tendertone and you're all done!

final1.jpg

final2.jpg

I hope this has been useful. Constructive criticism is always helpful too
thmbup.gif

Mao

Hi, Thanks for this tutorial!

Even if i don't have blue/grey eyes, it's very useful because i could show to my sister what colors she could used or i could make up their eyes
cutey.gif

You explain very well, and your make up is perfect for everyday
thmbup.gif

I hope you'll find the perfect foundation lol It's not easy to find it!Especially for porcelain skin. In china and Japan there are foundation for very very fair skin!! L'oreal has made one. One day if you go there lol I think you could find the perfect foundation lol
tong.gif

sorry my english is poor(i'm french)I make lot of mistakes

Tin Angel

Great tut, simple enough that even I can understand it. And I'm with you on the hunt for the perfect foundation for fair skin!