fake mac lipstick? New York Apple

Sundae

Hi, I've been looking into expanding my lipstick collection. I don't own any MAC lipsticks but when i saw this I thought it maybe my colour.

At first i thought it looked real but then I looked at the shape of the cover and it looks square. I haven't seen a square top cover so I wanted you ladies check it out and tell me if it's fake. I've only seen the rounded tops. Is it real or fake?

MAC Lipstick New York Apple NEW. on eBay, also, Lipstick, Make-Up Cosmetics, Health Beauty (end time 01-Apr-08 21:15:45 BST)

panda0410

New York Apple is a MAC colour, but this looks like the older style packaging for lippies. This packaging was Dcd years ago. Personally I would avoid, many lippies were being faked in this packaging and honestly you could probably get a newer one in new packaging in the same colour elsewhere.

Xqueeze_me

Unfortunately eBay is shit house when it comes to MAC cosmetics. No doubt other brands are faked as well. Not just cosmetics, I reckon.

wolfsong

'New' can mean just not used, rather than bought recently, but i would avoid anyway (for the reasons Panda and Xqueeze_Me have mentioned, as well as it being years old if real - and thus more than likely has 'gone off').

The lipstick looks marbled, which is a counterfeit trait (all authentic MAC lipsticks have a completely blended formular, so there will be no marbling or streaking of colour that you may find in cheaper brands).

Sundae

Thanks so much for your help. I'm just gonna go to the counter and buy it. ebay seems to selling so many fakes.