Foundation help!!

emmakinsxx

Hi I'm new here, wondering if anyone can help me.

I have used Dior Skin Sculpt foundation for 7 years, it's my favourite ever and was perfect for me. As you probably know it's now been discontinued!!! I'm devastated and so far can't find anything else I like and I'm fed up of spending money on stuff that i end up not using!

I've tried the new Dior star, chanel perfection lumiere, ysl teint radience, mac studio fix and a few more, I just don't get on with them. I'm in the UK so need to be able to buy it here. I don't use lancome or loreal products anymore (due to their association with nestle) so none of those please.

I need something the same feel, it's quite thick and the coverage is amazing. It doesn't stick to my dry spots either but doesn't make me oily! It has a lovely dewy finish.

Thank you :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
Full coverage with a dewy finish is tough to nail down, but not impossible. There's Laura Mercier Silk Creme Moisturizing, Estee Lauder Perfectionist, Tom Ford Traceless (original), Bobbi Brown Moisture Rich, Shu Uemura The Lightbulb. I'm not sure how widely available Cover FX is available in the UK, but their liquid foundation is full coverage (probably more of a satin or matte finish than dewy, though?). Your other option would be to buy a full coverage foundation with a more satin or matte finish and mix it with a liquid highlighter.

KaieshaPage

Bit late to this party but I would definitely recommend Nars Luminous weightless foundation. It's got a lot of coverage and a matte finish but is gorgeous. The other option is to use a tinted moisture with a decent level of coverage on the bottom and then use Chanel Vitalumiere liberally :) let me know if you want more information xx