foundation help(:

aznbaby4ever94

hey guys

when i was in highschool, my mother never let me wear foundation. she let me wear wild makeup, but no foundation
yes.gif

(she said my skin was fine, and there was no need for foundation...ive always had a large hunch that she was just saying that cause shes my moma..oh well...)
i have these weird red lines and dots under my cheek skin, and my forhead is much much tanner than from the forhead down.

my question was.
i still dont use foundation, and would like to try it out now, espically since ive found a brand i love (MAC..LOL)
i have oily skin (my cheeks arent that oily, but they arent dry)
my t-zone is really bad
i was wondering if i should stick with powder, or the studio fix fluid
people say that i should use the studio fix fluid, but im afraid it might clog my pores

wow this is longer than i though
XD

TIA
-liza <3

vandael

hey liza-

it sounds like you might have oily/combo skin. you can def try studio fix fluid if you're looking for a liquid foundation. but i think powders work best in the summer/warm months IMO. liquid foundation can make you look slightly greasy when it's hot out, so it's generally more ideal for cooler weather.

i have combo skin too, so maybe i can tell you what i use??? hopefully it helps. i use fix fluid (hasn't clogged my pores) about 6-7 mos. of the year. chicago has funky weather, so i have to switch up my routine to match. if you decide to get fix fluid, i highly suggest using a 187 brush for app. it will make you look flawless! after my foundation, i usually set it with nars loose powder and/or fix+. then when i feel little oily babies popping up on my t-zone and nose during the day, i just blot with mac pressed blot powder. it'll work better if you blot beforehand with a blotting sheet or tissue before using the powder. i usually use a powder brush to apply the blot powder instead of the included puff. it's a lot more hygienic that way.

if you don't wanna go the liquid foundation route, you can try mineral makeup. my favorite of the moment is everyday minerals. it looks so natural buffed on with the flat top brush. the best part is... i don't have to worry about it rubbing off on my clothes like liquid makeup. i usually set my mineral makeup with fix+. i don't wanna look like a powdery, cakey hot mess. the fix+ really helps the powder melt onto my skin better.

HTH girl! if anything, feel free to PM me.