• As of January 16, 2018, all posts in this section are moderated. Please engage with the community within the rest of the forums, remembering that you may not post your own tutorial links outside this section. Also remember to put your content in the proper space.

Tutorials posted outside this space will be removed. If you post a tutorial in this space and you don't make an effort to participate in the community outside this section, your post will be deleted.

From Day to Night Again: Cool Eyes Tutorial

SugarAsh182

Sooo I did one of these awhile ago, but when the board made the switch it did not survive, so I did it again, but a little more wearable this time I think
smiles.gif
Hope you like it! Here's what I used:

Products.jpg

MAC Cool Eyes palette
Fuschia pigment
Pink Poodle lipglass
SH Diamond Shine l/s in Garnet Gala
Max Factor 2000 Calorie mascara
Gold Deposit Skinfinish

Day Face:
MessUp2.jpg

My day face used Zinc Bar e/s all over lids, Grey Grape to line, some MF mascara, Summerfete TLC, and of course some concealer and bronzer. For your night face, you really don't have to take any of it off as long as you don't have alot of e/s on. If you do, just use a baby wipe and wipe it off. Make sure you reapply your base if you do this.

Step 1:
Step1.jpg

Load up your 213 blending brush w/ MAC Pale Out and apply it to your inner corner

Step 2:
Step2.jpg

Dip the same brush into Nocturnelle and starting from where your ended with Pale Out, apply all the way out to the outer corner.

Then, here's my trick to getting that cat's eye corner thingy:
AngledTechnique.jpg

Just use the side of your 213 brush and carefully sweep some e/s at an angle. Then, blend into the rest of your outer corner.

Step 3:
Step3.jpg

Apply Grey Grape to your outer corners.

Now blend blend blend and it should look like this:
Afterblending.jpg

Step 4:
Step4.jpg

Apply some more Pale Out to your browbone and blend it into the crease.

Step 5:
Step5.jpg

Add some fuschia pigment right where Pale Out and Nocturnelle meet to kick it up a little bit
smiles.gif

Step 6:
Step6.jpg

Touch up your e/l with a small angled brush and anything else you might need to touch up (mascara, concealer, etc)

Now your eye should look like this:
Messup1.jpg

Step 7:
Step8-1.jpg

Re-apply your blush since you've probably worn it out all day
smiles.gif

Step 8:
Step9.jpg

Apply Pink Poodle lipglass and SH Diamond Shine lipgloss in Garnet Gala over top. Should look like above.

Then... do your hair, get dressed and ta da!\
Finished9.jpg

Finished6.jpg

Finished7.jpg

Finished5.jpg

User67

You explained how to do that cat eye shape at the end of the eye so easily! I always had a hard time with that, but now you have shown me how easy it is just by using the side of my 213 brush. You freaking rock!

exodus

Ash! I've missed you! College getting really busy? Study hard and good luck, darling
smiles.gif

Great tutorial! I love the face you made when you're putting on the blush
lol.gif
You're just so adorable!

SugarAsh182

Quote:
Originally Posted by exodus
Ash! I've missed you! College getting really busy? Study hard and good luck, darling
smiles.gif

Great tutorial! I love the face you made when you're putting on the blush
lol.gif
You're just so adorable!

Aw I've missed you too! Yessss Chemistry is kicking my ass! But I'll have alot of time over Thanksgiving to post some looks I've been digging lately
smiles.gif
Glad you liked that face lol

Nyla2120 I'm so glad that helped you! If it's a little messed up still, just use a Q-tip to make it even more defined!

Thanks so much everyone
smiles.gif

veilchen

That's really great, you look so amazing!! And yes, like the others, I'll definitely steal this look ;-)