From skating to make up...

Sushi~Flower

Aloha!
I've been a competitive figure skater for 25 years, I have always been interested in make up especially for the shows and theatrical looks. I've been a MUA for the past 6 years with most of my work in being in skating. I also do special occasions.
I finally took the plunge and applied to work at MAC, something I have always wanted to do but my schedule at the rink never allowed. I just went through my final interview and live demo yesterday and will be hearing back from this week
smiles.gif

Im so glad I found this site prior to the interview because the whole model switch thing would have thrown me off a little, but I was prepared as was my model for the ole' switch-a-roo when we arrived.
th_wink3.gif

cazgh

Hey there! Fingers crossed for the job for you - please update us with how you get on
smiles.gif

Juxtapose

I was a competitive skater too!!!! (for 16 years, and ended when I went to college). Now that I learned more about applying makeup, I wish I had this knowledge back when I was skating, cuz I was doing everything wrong--I basically looked like I wasn't wearing much at all!!! Welcome to Specktra!

Sushi~Flower

I hear ya! When I look back at my earlier pictures and vids ,UGH! I learned over the years that skaters loose up to 70% of their color on the ice and that goes up when under spots...live & learn..then go to MAC! lol