Frustrated Newbie

moobiie

19 years old
College Student
Newbie Mac Addict
Ex Specktra Lurker

I know it seems rude for a newbie to rant & rave but I'm just so annoyed for so many different reasons.

My mom got me hooked on Mac cosmetics about 2 years ago. I live an hour away from charlotte, nc & thats the closest place to buy Mac. I have no credit card to buy things online & my mom stole my concealer & foundation & when I asked her to either repay me or drive me to charlotte to buy more, she refused. So now, I'm stuck & very irritated.

I went to belks to get some more makeup @ fashion fair but the product was like...5 shades darker than my actual skintone. *i'm african american*. They had nothing to provide the coverage i needed like I got from Mac.

So now at my wits end, I'm looking for some info about buying Mac cosmetics from ebay or wherever they sell authentic products without the need of a credit card.

Please help me before I snap.
weeping.gif
weeping.gif
weeping.gif

Shimmer

welcome to the site. I'd recommend visiting the Beauty of Color forum and talking to the ladies there about different options for women with darker skin.
smiles.gif

saniyairshad

iagree.gif
with shimmer. U can try buying off off the Clearance Bin here or EBAY...
smiles.gif
th_welcomeemoticonsign.gif
hon...to make u feel better my mom steals my MU all the time!!!

glittergoddess27

Welcome,.. and sorry to hear that you MAC is being stolen,.. I would considering that a "kill-able" offense. I agree,.. you can see about swapping in the clearance bin/swap area here once you have enough posts and you can also call the 1-800 MAC line,.. they may have an alternate suggestion like maybe they have an order form or something they can send you then you can print it out and send a money order or something. Most companies are more than happy to accomodate us addicts.
smiles.gif

MACHOMULA

I would definitely try the money order thing, or you can open a bank account and get a debit card. Good luck in your pursuit of MAC and welcome to Specktra!

user79

Welcome to the site. Read the rules in the Clearance Bin forum, and you can get swapping or puchasing from other members on the site.

User49

Hey there! Deep breaths... Inn... and out... lol. I can understand your po'ed! How rude! I would defin. get some from ebay! I have been buying LOADS of stuff from ebay! I highly suggest buying from
hoanganhcali
s.gif
! Really trust worthy seller. Does a lot of refills and things! Good luck and welcome!

LaChinita

I totally understand where you're coming from. I get so annoyed when my makeup goes missing!

Anyway, welcome to the site and hope you find a replacement for the missing stuff soon!
smiles.gif