getting makeup done at mac

MxAxC-_ATTACK

my best friend is coming to visit from arizona next week and we have a bunch of stuff planned to do, one night in particular we are planning on going to hollywood and to sum it up we would like to get our makeup done at mac, Ive only gotten my makeup done during events though,. and i had to buy like 40 dollars worth of stuff and that was that. but Is it possible to make an appointment and pay them without having to buy makeup? Im not sure how it works. I know girls get their makeup done for prom there and stuff.. anyone know?

brandiisamonkey

I think that basically you "pay" them but the money or atleast part of it is redeemable in product so I think you prettymuch "buy" stuff lol not 100% positive but thats what Ive read on here from a couple people, imo if thats how it works tahst a great deal lol

bellaetoile

simply put, you must make a minimum purchase of $40, at most locations, you "pay" them the $40, which is redeemable in product, if that makes sense.

maxcat

I believe the rule (at least in Canadaland) is dept. stores it's $40 minimum product purchase and at stand alones it's a $40 fee and you get a free mascara. I believe it's because they have back rooms with some privacy at the stand alone stores whereas at the dept. stores you have to get it done at the counter.

AGB

it only costs money if you get your whole face done.. if you just want like eyes it should be free... but they kinda expect you to buy something

REYNALD0C

Hmm, I got my whole face done, and left with a tube of lipgloss, and everything was fine? How come some people have to buy $40 worth? I never paid that much to get my make up doneee.

Chloe2277

I've heard different stores/counters have different policies. I had my makeup done last august for my wedding and I had to buy $40 worth of products (which IMO is so easy to do!)

MxAxC-_ATTACK

Ive actually decided against getting my makeup done at mac. as i had forgotten my last experience with getting my makeup done there. The girls at the counter here , which is in macys, were very rude to me. and my makeup looked gross...Too much yellow it looked like i was sick.

MACGoddess

At freestanding stores, we can do one of two things, you can get your makeup done on the floor which is a $40 min purchase, or you can get it done off the floor for a $40 fee and you get a complimentary mascara with it, no purchase required.

I am not 100% sure how counters do it, I am sure it is different for different partners.

mactard

i've pretty much had to buy $40 in product too... except for when they're trying to sell me stuff and they offer to do my makeup.. then there's no obligation ;]

morgasm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwaway Style
i got my whole face done at it was free.
Thats how it is when you're getting it done not during a special event.

that's the way it worked for me, too.

giz2000

At Nordstrom, the makeup application is complimentary, but the MAs do expect you to buy something (even if it is a lipgloss).

Lalli

over here its £25 and you use it against products which isnt too bad i think if ur getting a full face done