Gift for SIL...need some help!

Ms.Lulu

I know I have posted this before but I gathered some more information so I could use some help!

My SIL has been wanting to try Mac products and about 2 weeks ago we went in there and she got a bunch of stuff! She got some foundation, face powder, blush etc. She loves everything and I am just so happy that she actually did something for herself!

Anyway, everything she bought was all "face" products (concealer, foundation, powder etc.) so she still doesn't have any eyeshadows, which I know she has been wanting. The MUA tried "twinks" on her and she loved it but didn't end up purchasing it since she was already buying quite a few things! She has told me before that she liked "warm" colors. So I was thinking of buying her the palette for 4 eyeshadows and try to find colors she could really like. I'm definitely getting "Twinks" because she loved that one. Which colors do you think? I might stick to all browns so the pallete I get be her "browns" eyeshadows. So what are your favorite "warm colors" from Mac??

Any recs? She is a NC25, if that helps!

Meisje

Since these are purchases to start a collection, it might be nice to get her a "beginner's palette" of colors containing Caron or Black Tied as well as Gesso in addition to a lid color and midtone color.

If you are going the route of getting browns, you should still get her a highlight shade as well. I am not NC25 but maybe someone familiar with highlighting on that skin tone could suggest a good one.

As for warm colors for her palette.... Aside from Twinks, Brown Script is a very warm, matte brown shade (I have it and love it). Perhaps something like Amber Lights would work as well.

anita22

Sounds like a wonderful gift!!

I agree with Meisje, since she's a beginner it would be quite nice to get her a set of 4 colours that would work together. Personally I would choose something like:

- Highlight: Shroom
- Lid colour: All that Glitters or Naked Lunch
- Twinks
- Shadowy Lady (deep purple) or Carbon (black) to smoke out the look for more drama

You could use shades 1&2 or 1, 2 & 3 to create a nice daytime look, then add the 4th shadow for evening.