Givenchy Spring 2011

katred

Specktra Bestie
I'm wondering if people have seen this collection and what it looked like in person. I haven't found it in town yet (which doesn't mean I've stopped looking), but the promo images and the images in reviews look delicious. I'm particularly drawn to the "Candide Tangerine" lipstick, although I'm afraid it'll look too much like Neon Orange, which I already own (and love, actually).

http://www.beautystat.com/site/featured/review-swatches-givenchy-spring-2011-makeup-naivement-couture/

Anyone have a comment or review to share? I've never actually purchased a Givenchy product outside of fragrance, so I'm not sure what to expect.

Snarkling

So I haven't bought any of the spring stuff yet though I do plan on buying Candide Tangerine in both the lip gloss and the lipstick as well as the Candide Garden quad. All the colors looks really pretty to me though it helps that my favorite color is orange and i'm especially obsessed with orange lip gloss.

Here is the swatch for the quad: http://www.temptalia.com/givenchy-candide-garden-78-le-prisme-eyeshadow-quad-review-photos-swatches

Also here is a swatch for Candide Tangerine lipstick: http://www.temptalia.com/givenchy-c...ouge-interdit-lipstick-review-photos-swatches

And a swatch of Neon Orange by Temptalia as well for a more accurate comparison: http://www.temptalia.com/the-summer-season-mac-neon-orange-lipstick

I think Candide Tangerine looks a little darker and richer, and the finish seems be a little glossier and looks thicker as well?

Also, just my opinion but i think Summer from Givenchy looks so exciting!
http://www.temptalia.com/givenchy-summer-2011-collection-acid-summer

I can't wait for the glosses and the eye pallet!

katred

Specktra Bestie
Thanks a million, Snarkling! Looking at the two lipstick swatches on Temptalia, there does seem to be a difference between them... Although that might just be me trying to convince myself that I need Tangerine... The summer collection does look exciting! The gel gloss colours are great! I can see I'm going to have to track this stuff down in Montreal.

Snarkling

You're welcome! Does Sephora in Canada carry Givenchy? I know that the only place that carries it where I live. Usually if I want any of the fancier brands that Sephora or Macy's doesn't carry I have to go home to visit my mom in San Francisco because Reno has nothing!

Yeah I defintly see some differences between the two but maybe we're both imagining it. I don't have Neon Orange but I bought Morange last year and hopefully they aren't too similar either but honestly I don't care since I like to think of myself as a collector (that how I cover for my addiction!).
angelic.gif

Honey&LemonGirl

I just purchased the jelly blush in Candide Pink from this collection. So excited to give it some good use during the hot summer months!

katred

Specktra Bestie
I checked the Givenchy web site and according to them, the only place that sells Givenchy cosmetics in the entire province is some boutique hotel in the middle of nowhere. (It's not even a nice part of nowhere, either.) So I'm thinking that the site probably isn't too up to date. (They rarely are.) The only two Sephora locations in town are out in the suburbs, but I keep telling myself I need to make a pilgrimage anyway. At worst, I'm pretty sure that I can order off the Sephora US web site and still get everything shipped to Canada. Nordstrom's ships here, but they have a flat $25 shipping fee even if you order a single lipstick (and they ship in a box bigger than my head).

Snarkling

Oooh thanks Honey&LemonGirl! I didn't even pay attention to the blush. It looks like it would look so pretty over bronzer. What is the texture like?

Katred that is insane how much Nordstroms charges for shipping! I don't under stand why some of the stores charge so much and use such big boxes when you only buy a tiny thing.

I really want to try and get to Sephora this week so I can see them in person. Ugh my heart is almost aching for them. Its so silly.

Honey&LemonGirl

It has a really watery, jelly-ish texture, so it's not ideal to put over your foundation 'cause it'll mess it right up, but it's a really refreshing feeling when you apply it! The color is very buildable and blendable, not neon-bright straight out of the tube or anything. Just a beautiful rosy pink color that will look amazing with bronzed up skin. For the summer, when I wear much less base makeup, I think it will be perfect. Concealer, bronzer, this blush, and a slick of lip gloss and out the door.
winkiss.gif
The amount of product (1 oz) seems quite generous to me too.

LittleMaryJane

I love that model picture--it's slightly subtle but still really edgy looking with the orange. Nice and fresh and springy!

Snarkling

I love that model picture--it's slightly subtle but still really edgy looking with the orange. Nice and fresh and springy!

I love it too! I think I might try and recreate it though of course it won't look nearly as good. Now I just need an awesome place to wear it.

katred

Specktra Bestie

I love the idea of trying it and then I picture doing the shadows all around my eyes... and what they'd look like getting caught in the crow's feet there... The colours are certainly beautiful, though...

Ingenue

I fell in love with most of this collection. If I had to pick just ONE thing... it would be the Tangerine Lipstick. LOVE. OMG. It is so moisturizing and rich... it's awesome. I fully intend to imitate the promo picture (which is just stunning).

I didn't like the jelly blush, and I can't wear any of the foundations, so I passed on both.

katred

Specktra Bestie
OK, Ingenue, I think you've convinced me that I MUST track this lipstick down one way or another... I may need to venture out into the suburbs, where I always get lost, but somehow, I'll find it.