Going from black to brown hair colour

vmafi2012

Hi everyone i just recenlty joined this website cos i saw how you guys talked to each other about hair colours and i would like to ask for some help. I have a natural black hair and i want to dye it chocolate brown then get some highlights on it maybe blonde. I haven't dye my whole hair i've only dye some of my back hair in brown caramel colour at the back of my hair and it didn't fits me (ithink) cos my cusin say it looks alrite but i'm lookinq for something HOT that can fits me. Since i'm brown I want to try dying my hair chocolate brown with some light medium blonde to match my skin. I've uploaded some picture when i first dye my hair, please excuse the room. But now i have already dye it back to black and some of it turns back while some stay the same probably because i didnt have much hair dye but its alryte since i wanted to dye it brown. But please if anyone have some ideas that is more better than mine please feel free to leave some comment :)

shellygrrl

Staff member
In these situations when you're starting with (mostly) black and going lighter, I always advise getting it done professionally. (Actually, this is the advice I give most of the time anyway. ;)) Let the colourist know what you want done, and they'll let you know what will work best for you. (Also: chocolate brown will mean different things to different people. For me, I'm thinking in terms of the colour of a Hershey bar.)