Green Gel Cleanser. Helppp

TRASHdecor

I've been using MAC's green gel cleanser for about a week now.
its doing its job, my skin has cleared but I'm peeling (forehead, nose, around mouth)
and now idk if its because i've scratched it but the sides of my mouth are red and it freaking burns!
ssad.gif

should i stop using it all together? but i dont want to...its doing its job
or would a oil control moisturizer help?
Can anyone recommend one? preferably a drugstore one.

Thanks.
smiles.gif

MACATTAK

Same thing happened to me when I used Proactive they way it was recommended (twice a day). I would suggest using it less, once a day, or every other day (depending how much you are using it), and see if that helps. Also, make sure you are using an oil free moisturizer everyday. I use the Clear & Clean ones & they work fine.

JessieLovesMac

Same thing happened with me and pro active so I had to stop using it! I felt like it bleached my face and dried it out! So I started using the green tea gel aswel but not on it's own and have had no problems. Are you using anything else? I am cleansing with green gel, washing with creme wash, ex foliating with volcanic ash, toning with which hazel and fix+ and then I am using and moisturizing with neutrogena oil free combination skin. It is fantastic!! It has evened up my complexion. I had serious problems with red blochyness, clogged pores, oily skin and dry patches between my eyebrows and corners of my mouth! Now my skin is feeling rejuvenated and refreshed! And I haven't been this happy with a skincare routine before. Hth

TRASHdecor

I usually use it twice a day. (morning & night) I guess I'll start using it once a day. I use it alone, I always get scared using products "together" :/
But thank you gals so much for the recommendations

MACATTAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessieLovesMac
Same thing happened with me and pro active so I had to stop using it! I felt like it bleached my face and dried it out! So I started using the green tea gel aswel but not on it's own and have had no problems. Are you using anything else? I am cleansing with green gel, washing with creme wash, ex foliating with volcanic ash, toning with which hazel and fix+ and then I am using and moisturizing with neutrogena oil free combination skin. It is fantastic!! It has evened up my complexion. I had serious problems with red blochyness, clogged pores, oily skin and dry patches between my eyebrows and corners of my mouth! Now my skin is feeling rejuvenated and refreshed! And I haven't been this happy with a skincare routine before. Hth

Yeah, I stopped using the Proactive because of the dryness/burning to my skin, and because I felt it wasn't working anymore. It worked for like a hot minute. I pretty much switch up my face products daily...between Neutrogena, Murad, Biore etc. I use Fix+ everyday & night. Since I still have some acne, it really calms and soothes my skin.

aimee

the green gel cleanser is known to dry out skin on some people
so i would use it less if your skin becomes to dry
maybe buy another cleanser and switch between that one and the green gel cleanser