Growing Hair Out

saizine

I'm not trying to go out a haircut or style, or anything, but I am trying to grow my hair to a length that I would prefer. Right now, it's about mid-bust length and I'd like to go about two-three more inches to below my bust. I used to have hair that long a year ago, before I experimented and cut it a bit shorter (longer than shoulder, but above the bust). Now I want to go back to my old length - my hair is totally untreated (no dying, no heat apart from a very small amount on my fringe, very little product used) and, by my calculation, my hair has grown around two inches in just over two months.

I have quite thick hair, and something like the Alexander Wang plaits is my length goal. I would probably prefer something a little shorter, but it's the general look.

I know nothing will make my hair grow dramatically quickly, but is there anything I can do to keep it in tip-top shape and more likely to grow? I have strange fears about my hair not being able to grow any longer than it is now... but I am trying to do everything that I know to get it to the stage where it is most likely to grow, such as tying it in a loose plait when I want it tied back instead of a ponytail/bun, washing it every other day, using very little heat and product... is there anything else I can do? Is it likely that my hair just... won't grow (lol I know, it's a strange fear to have when I have had hair the length I want before)?

TIA!

LMD84

i'm in the same boat as you really. i want my hair about 3'' longer than it is. mine falls under my bust when straight but when wavey it's mid bust (nipples!
tong.gif
) and i want it to be wavey and to cover my boobs! like yourself i have stopped using heat products (only when i really need them is when i use them), i tie my hair back loosely, wash it every 3 days - luckily it doesn't get that greasey.

you can also try a light head massage to make it grow. but the downside is that our hair grows less in the winter than it does during summer
ssad.gif
not sure why though!

dxgirly

You can try taking the vitamin biotin. It's a b vitamin that supposed to be good for hair growth. I've been taking it for about a month. It's hard to tell how much growth I've had but it feels healthier and my nails are definitely growing faster and stronger

gigglesnf

Biotin does work a lot. A while ago I got a bald spot and that stuff helped me soooo much! I would go to Central Market or a similar store (Whole Foods) and but the hair, skin, nails vitamin.

Hilde

My way of getting long hair was treating it nicely and only cut when it's needed, and unless it's damaged-like that shouldn't be that often. Try to minimize the chemical damage( hair coloring, bleach, perm etc) and mechanical damage(from straightening irons, curling irons, hairbrush etc)