Hair color for the Fair skinned

marbouz4

I want to change up my hair color. I'm very pale with some pink undertones, and right now my hair is red. any suggestions?

ShortnSassy

a pretty chocolate brown with some blonde highlights! but i would recommend making sure the brown is more neutral/cool than a warm brown, and same with the blonde (more ash/neutral than gold) because of your pink undertones. pretty!

LaGoddess

i agree. avoid warm or golden brown/blonde. it will clash with pink undertones. go for cool, ash and beige tones.

Manda-la

I was honestly going to suggest red! But then you said your hair is red...
tong.gif
I agree with the other two posters. A chocolate brown would be quite pretty
smiles.gif

SerenityRaine

Are you trying to get completely away from red? What shade of red do you currently have? Try a copper. Idk if you're a do it yourselfer or if you go the salon route. I hate Redken Reds they are so blah. My fave reds so far I've tried are Chi & Framesi. Although, I'm dying to try Paul Mitchell as their color line is more extensive & also because I love the way it makes my hair feels.

Anyways, if you're trying to get away from red I'd go for an ash blonde like this.
Sephora: Beauty, Skin Care, Makeup, Hair, & Fragrance

Let me tell you I'm in the midst of trying to go blonde & the red is hard to get away from. [Theres a better pic of that shade in the Sephora catalog if you received it.] I took it this hairstylist & I got a very light strawberry blonde or "golden blonde" -- wth?!
001_unsure.gif
Idk if it was because he was in a rush or that he's one of those stylists that don't follow instructions & do their own damn thing.. Be prepared to bleach as thats the only way to get rid of the red..Unless you go darker. Good luck!

marbouz4

Red is very hard to get away from , especially when it's henna-ed on (which is basicly a stain). Would blue tone it down? But the problem with the red for me is the maintenance. Within a month it fades to a dull orange and when your root start to show --
cry.gif
. I definitely will miss the red. But I think a chocolate brown or some kind of ashy brown would do.
Here's what I look like now: