Has anyone tried that new Revlon foundation which goes on white...??

vocaltest

Has anyone tried that new Revlon foundation which goes on white then transforms to match your skintone??

I bought US Elle yesterday and I saw it advertised so I'm curious! It isn't out here yet.. wondered if any of you US ladies had tried it??

Its called 'Beyond Natural - Skin Matching Makeup'. It says 'Transforms from white to your exact skin tone'. I'm always after a perfectly matching foundation!!

p.s I can't believe theres adverts for cigarettes and the contraceptive pill in American magazines! haha

Patricia

wow, i'm curious!!!

p.s. contraceptive pill is ok but cigs??? ads for tobacco got banned ages ago in my country

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia
wow, i'm curious!!!

p.s. contraceptive pill is ok but cigs??? ads for tobacco got banned ages ago in my country

yeah mine too! my parents went to the US in september & my mum bought me back some cigs, and none of them have any information as to whats in them. our cigs here tell you how much nicotine, tar and carbon monoxide are in them!

Lizzie

I've never tried it. Apparently it works, though. Almay came out with one of those a while ago... they also have blushes and bronzer like that. I liove the Almay blush with those color spheres though!

allyson

I have it/use it. It just seems to be a slightly tinted foundation... It's good if you just want a bit of cover up, but if you have a lot to cover up...eh, not so much.
On the plus side, it hasn't really caused me to break out, which is pretty good for me!

kittyface

I bought the light/medium because medium was super orange on me. It's exactly the same as almay's smart shade but it has more of a yellow undertone which suits my yellowly asian skin a lot better than almay's pink undertone.

It spreads easily and leaves a natural silky finish, the coverage is light-medium so if you're looking to cover acne scars/ sun spots i don't recommend this. I just use it to even out my skin tone and it's absolutely lovely.

witch

i tried it, im really white, it was awful. like i had on foundation four shades darker than my skin tone. dont waste your money.

User38

most all purpose/all skins foundations are not workable on real skin colors.. I won't even touch them
smiles.gif

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest
yeah mine too! my parents went to the US in september & my mum bought me back some cigs, and none of them have any information as to whats in them. our cigs here tell you how much nicotine, tar and carbon monoxide are in them!

Your boxes of cigarettes also say things like "SMOKING CAUSES DEATH" and the like in bold letters.

Lapis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle
Your boxes of cigarettes also say things like "SMOKING CAUSES DEATH" and the like in bold letters.

it must be the wine but don't all ciggie boxes say that?
plus what's that to do with the fact US cigs aren't labeled

i

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinkle_Twinkle

Yes.. I know, funnily enough I do see them every day :p. We also now have photos all over them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis

yeah they do but here they're in huge big writing! theres pictures all over the packets now too. i'm not sure if this link will work but i typed in 'uk cigarette packets' into google images and these are the pictures/examples: uk cigarette packets - Google Image Search

Twinkle_Twinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lapis

i

No, American cigarette boxes have a warning from the Surgeon General about the risks of smoking. Quite different from "SMOKING CAUSES DEATH".

effboysinthebut

Canada's also have pictures of gross smoking related health things. Black lungs, underbirth babies, lung cancer etc. They're a lot more forward and less sugar coating with their warnings than American Cigarrettes.

swaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by vocaltest

Every American pack of cigarettes I have EVER seen has the amount of nicotine and tar written in tiny letters on the side.

vocaltest

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaly
Every American pack of cigarettes I have EVER seen has the amount of nicotine and tar written in tiny letters on the side.

Weird. Maybe its the brand, but all mine said was something about a surgeons warning.