Have you ever thrown out something you later regret??

Charlie'sAngel

A couple years ago, before I was a MAC Addict....my brother bought me a Holiday set of MAC Shadesticks. I don't know the names exactly, but there was a beige, a pink, a blue and a brown and thinking back now...they were GORGEOUS. I used them for a while but threw them out because my makeup was too 'cluttered' ...how...friggin...stupid.

Any of you thrown out something and later regretted?

TISH1124

I have never really thrown out Makeup unless it was old....I have given away or sold items that I now wish I still had...
I have thrown out or given away clothing, purses and shoes that I wish I still had....uggghhhh total regret!!!

X4biddenxLustX

I threw out my Surreal, Parrot, and Deep Truth e/s back last June. I was having some problems with my eyes and I thought and even the doctors I had seen that I had an eye infection. I had just used all three of those e/s a few days before my eyes got all icky. So I thought that I had to throw them out to avoid reinfecting myself again. It was really hard to me....cause my e/s are like my babies! But what had me steaming mad was when I found out I didn't have an eye infection but it was a mixture of prolonged contact lens wearing and terrible allergies that were affecting my eyes. So yeah...I threw them out for nothing!!!

Charlie'sAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by X4biddenxLustX
I threw out my Surreal, Parrot, and Deep Truth e/s back last June. I was having some problems with my eyes and I thought and even the doctors I had seen that I had an eye infection. I had just used all three of those e/s a few days before my eyes got all icky. So I thought that I had to throw them out to avoid reinfecting myself again. It was really hard to me....cause my e/s are like my babies! But what had me steaming mad was when I found out I didn't have an eye infection but it was a mixture of prolonged contact lens wearing and terrible allergies that were affecting my eyes. So yeah...I threw them out for nothing!!!

Haha! I don't mean to laugh but that sucks so much it turns out you didn't even have an eye infection. Did you re-buy them?

xxAngelxx

Its not makeup, but when I was probably 13 or 14, I had got a small Louis Vuitton purse (genuine!) but I thought it was ugly (looking back, I would have loved the purse now lol). I don't know why but my mom only told me I should hold on to it. She never mentioned the value. So while cleaning out my room, I put a box of stuff I didn't wear or use in our garage. Well, our garage was musty and it ruined the purse. I didn't even try to salvage it; I just dumped it.

jjjenko

When I was younger and didn't know anything about MAC. One of my friends bought me a bunch of shadesticks for Christmas. I had no clue what they were for, I just thought you use them like eyeshadow. One of them was beiging and I just thought "this thing is useless because it's the same color as my skin", anyways I thought they were stupid and threw them out. I feel so stupid when I look back...because now I love my shadesticks haha.

ladyJ

I don't have the heart to throw away my makeup but I do regret not getting certain things when I should have.

laguayaca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TISH1127
I have never really thrown out Makeup unless it was old....I have given away or sold items that I now wish I still had...
I have thrown out or given away clothing, purses and shoes that I wish I still had....uggghhhh total regret!!!

mee tooo

sierrao

well i got a set of eyelashes and i threw away the plastic because i had no idea about b2m, now i feel stupid.

L1LMAMAJ

Before I knew that you could salvage broken eyeshadows by pressing them with a binder or alcohol, I used to throw away the broken ones even if i really like the color. Sucks.
ssad.gif

I also donated and gave away a lot of my old clothing that I thought didn't look stylish or good on me. Now, I am a pack rat because I know that most fashion styles do come back!

Dayjoy

I had a tube of clear lipglass that opened at the end seam. I tried to keep it and use it but it was a mess. I didn't know about Back-to-MAC. It could have been 1/6 of an eyeshadow.
th_confused_new.gif

abbyquack

I'm like bunnybunnybunny, I always second guess my self when I sell things...the only thing I kinda think wtf why did I sell that is Newly Minted e/s...just didn't know what I'd wear it with, so I sold it.

X4biddenxLustX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie'sAngel
Haha! I don't mean to laugh but that sucks so much it turns out you didn't even have an eye infection. Did you re-buy them?

Lol, it's okay I did learn a funny lesson, don't throw away your goodies!

Well by that time Surreal was already discontinued so I couldn't get that. Meh, I never really used the color that often though. I have a hard time getting light teal colors to show up on me for some reason.

Parrot was a big hyped up LE item and it's been long sold out at all the counters and online so negative on that one. I will be hunting it down though when I have the money to do such frivolous spending lol.

As for Deep Truth, the Starflash collection came out not too long afterward and I ended up getting the e/s that was pretty much identical to Deep Truth.

spectrolite

Before I knew about B2M I would throw away empty packaging. I went through quite a few Oil Control Lotions and then one day read about B2M lol... I was so pissed off.

X4biddenxLustX

I'm lucky I knew about B2M before I even got into MAC! I had a friend who I would always hang out with during freshman year, and we would go to the mall a lot. We were in Macy's once and walked past the MAC counter there and she just told me about the B2M program they had. I didn't think much of it cause at that time I never used up a single makeup product, and thought it would take forever to have 6 empties. Now I depot like crazy!

I did save an empty bottle of the Cleanse Off Oil when they were still using their old packaging (with the white pump and short stubby bottle) in my bathroom. But my mom ended up throwing away cause she didn't know I neeed it =[

Latest posts