Help: Eyeshadows with mold/mildew

meganp6

Hello everyone! I'm new here but I've decided to skip the introduction thread because I have a huge problem and I need a solution, and no matter how much I search for answers online I can't seem to find any! You see, I've got a few palettes (from Sigma, a couple of Nakeds, 3 from Tarte and a huge Holiday kit from Tarte as well) that started developing mildew problems. The eyeshadows all have a thin white/greenish layer on top of them. Given the huge amount of palettes, it's safe to say the problem is the place where I'm storing them, so I already moved my vanity and checked all my makeup collection, everyhing else seems to be ok (thank goodness!). I know most of you will say "discard the damn things, just throw them out." and I agree. Those are things I wear on my eyelids, so safety comes first and all that. But from an investiment point of view, my heart is bleeding!LOL So please push those "throw them out" thoughts aside for two seconds and tell me: other than scraping the top (btw, would that solve the problem?), is there anything else that can be done to salvage my beautiful babies? Please help me out. From one makeup addict to another, I'm counting on you guys!LOL Thanks a lot! :)

v0ltagekid

Thanks a lot!
smiles.gif
I think it comes from underneath that top layer, so unfortunately you are going to have to discard them hon. The humidity is probably inside as well.

meganp6

Thanks, ladies. I guess deep down I knew it, but it does break my heart! They're so pretty. And oh, the money!LOL Do you think that the ones beside them that don't show any apparent "symptoms" are tainted as well?