HELP!!! flaky forehead =(

shoeaddict

hey everyone, im new onto specktra
i just have some skin issues and was wondering if someone here on this site can help =(
my forehead is soo flaky and is noticeable only after i apply my foundation. i try to exfoliate once a week and there has been no improvement. i was told that i have dehydrated skin so i've been using products for that. other than exfoliation i don't know what else to do. are there certain face washes that can help with this? currently i use a gentle cleanser. can anyone please suggest techniques they have to get that glowing skin? do you think its my skin or my foundation that is causing this problem? thanks in advance!!

stacylynne

try to exfoliate 2x a week. Also for a night cream u may want to use to shea butter on your dryspots, but just a drop.

I had some dry spots on my neck & chin area & I used shea butter as a night cream.

blindpassion

Id suggest:

use a gentle cleanser,
exfoliate 2x a week,
use a face mask at least once a week,
and the biggest step... MOISTURIZE
smiles.gif
! every single day, especially before applying foundation.

Also, if you're using a powder foundation its going to make the problem more noticeable so try and switch to a liquid foundation
smiles.gif
possibly a tinted moisturizer.

Finally, make sure to keep your body hydrated, drinking lots of water helps your skin.

Good luck!

Zoffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blindpassion
Id suggest:

use a gentle cleanser,
exfoliate 2x a week,
use a face mask at least once a week,
and the biggest step... MOISTURIZE
smiles.gif
! every single day, especially before applying foundation.

Also, if you're using a powder foundation its going to make the problem more noticeable so try and switch to a liquid foundation
smiles.gif
possibly a tinted moisturizer.

Finally, make sure to keep your body hydrated, drinking lots of water helps your skin.

Good luck!

Exactly what she said
winks.gif

A matte foundation will make the dry skin more noticeable than a more "dewy" foundation so keep that in mind when you choose your foundation as well
smiles.gif
MAC Hyperreal(if your counter/store still has it) or Mineralized satinfinish are good options IMO
smiles.gif

FlashBang

Exactly what everyone here has said.

With the facial cleanser, since its winter and you do have dehydrated skin, try using a cream based cleanser, foaming and gel based cleansers are better for oily skin or summer time.

purrtykitty

As someone with flaky skin in the winter I exfoliate only once or twice each week to prevent stripping my skin of even more moisture and I switch to a heavy cream moisturizer which I use twice daily. If my skin feels tight after putting my moisturizer on, I use a little bit more. Winter wreaks havoc on my skin.

Luceuk

I had terrible dry skin on my forehead and the best way to get rid of it is mosturiser, I use a thick night one after I exfoliate twice a week. You have to keep your skin hydrated.

TISH1124

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathweezy
sometimes i get flaky forehead too but its due to taking hot showers

Ditto for me...My water is so Hot....My skin is red when I get out...Love it!!
yahoo.gif

I gently exfoliate with a facial buff and a little origins face cream at night and by morning it's all better

Also if I wear caps or scarfs alot...it contributes to it...