Help I think I've made a huge Ebay error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catherine^

I think I've made a huge ebay stuff up. I was in a hurry the other day and just browsing Ebay Australia for Mac when I saw an auction for a bronze eyeshadow. I carelessly went ahead and bid $13AUD (Eyeshadows retail for about $30 here). I didn't read the description carefully since Bronze isn't exactly rare it seamed feasible that someone might have one to sell. Anyways I win the auction, which surprised me given that its a popular colour and I only bid $13 and now I notice that it says first of all that its a "Lustre" but then in the description that its frost, and it also says that it comes in original MAC packaging with mirror and sponge tip aplicator... I smell a rat. So yes, its obviously fake yeah? I CAN'T BELIEVE i wasn't more careful I've NEVER Made an ebay mistake like this before. I thought how can I go wrong with a bronze eyeshadow??? Is there anything I can do? Please give me your advice if you have any. And yes, I realise I have been a complete idiot so no need to remind me to read things carefully hehe.

Thanks,
Catherine.

lara

I don't use ebay so I can't be a specific help, but can't you dispute the auction because it's a fake product, or is false advertising?

Catherine^

I guess I can but I should probably wait and receive the product. I notice she's named ALL her eyshadows lustres so perhaps thats just a fundamental misconception she has about the name of mac products. As for the mirror/sponge aplicator business i'm hoping that she has copied something she's posted for another brand that DID have sponge applicators and mirrors in their compacts. I'm totally keeping my fingers crossed that it works out well. If I receive it and it is fake well its says Mac ALL over the description so it *is* false advertising so I'll dispute it.

junealexandra

Based on some bad ebay experiences - this is what I would do. Do not pay for the item. First contact the seller wanting to veryify the product as the description does not fit MAC authentic products. Suggest the seller can recoup all fees if they post a non paying bidder, with the resolution as a mutal agreement not to proceed.
The seller will recoup the fees and neither of you will have negative feedback. Otherwise you'll have to leave negative fedback for the seller to warn others.

mrstucker

2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by junealexandra
Based on some bad ebay experiences - this is what I would do. Do not pay for the item. First contact the seller wanting to veryify the product as the description does not fit MAC authentic products. Suggest the seller can recoup all fees if they post a non paying bidder, with the resolution as a mutal agreement not to proceed.
The seller will recoup the fees and neither of you will have negative feedback. Otherwise you'll have to leave negative fedback for the seller to warn others.

I agree - most sellers seem quick to refund when 'busted' to avoid negative feedback. As an avid Ebay watcher, I see more and more fakes popping up (even mascaras are now counterfeit!). It used to be limited to UK sellers, but many US sellers are now jumping on the 'let's make a quick buck' bandwagon....*sigh*
ssad.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.