Help with Blush Shades

MAHALO

I love blush. But I use MAC Gingerly 80% of the time. It's my HG everyday blush. I also enjoy MAC Dollymix and NARS Taj Mahal when I'm in the mood for more color. The remaining 2-3 dozen blushes that I own get only occassional use. You might want to add some MSF to your wish list: MAC So Ceylon, MAC PettiCoat and EGMINERALS Acapuco Sunset are gorgeous on my MAC NC45/BB Golden skin.

mufey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nepenthe
Don't have experience with all the colours, but I think the following are great:
  • Dollymix
  • Azalea
  • Peachtwist
  • Blunt

Is blunt a neutral blush on you? I'm an NC40/42 and I can't find any neutral or nude blushes that'll give me a subtle yet defined look. Someone on MUA recommended Strada and Tenderling but i'm not sure. Anyone know how they'd look on my skin tone?

My fave MAC Blushes are Eversun and Peaches - gorgeous peachy shades that are great on NC skin, especially on WoC.

Ebbychina

Hey Ladies!

So again, thanks for your suggestions. After careful thought and consideration.........drumroll please.........I picked up the following blushes (couldn't pick just 6
nope.gif
):

Sweet as Cocoa
  • Blunt
  • Peachtwist
  • Style
  • Sunbasque
  • Coppertone
  • Dollymix
  • Azalea
  • Fluer Power
  • Pinch Me
  • Ambering Rose
  • Flirt & Tease
  • Improper Copper – Cream Colour Base
*** Returned Gingerley for Blunt (looked too much like Coppertone to me)

Ebbychina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAHALO
I love blush. But I use MAC Gingerly 80% of the time. It's my HG everyday blush. I also enjoy MAC Dollymix and NARS Taj Mahal when I'm in the mood for more color. The remaining 2-3 dozen blushes that I own get only occassional use. You might want to add some MSF to your wish list: MAC So Ceylon, MAC PettiCoat and EGMINERALS Acapuco Sunset are gorgeous on my MAC NC45/BB Golden skin.

Thanks! I actually have Petticoat, Gold Deposit and Nuance MSFs. I got an extra Nuance actually that I need to sell off...

Ebbychina

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicbeuaty83
have you tried Format?

Thanks, I have added that to my wish list. Out of all the blushes I splurged on though, I preferred the darker ones (love Sweet as Cocoa). The "peach" ones still ended up appearing pink on me...IDK. Still searching for my fav neutral work friendly blush...

Any suggestions?

bybare

My search for the perfect everyday neutral blush ended when I found Becca "Songbird" - it was made for WOC

Jayjayy

Awesome choices! I'm surprised there was no Raizin...its a brown girl staple lol. Should you ever have the urge to buy something new, Burnt Pepper is AHHH-MAAA-ZING!

bybare

I forgot about Raizon! I hit pan on it and left to test something new. Just added Burnt Pepper to my shopping list

MISSRED

I used to work for Lancome, so my opinion would be to first use the Sweet as Coco under your cheekbone for contour, then i'd use Ambering Rose on the apples of your cheeks and blend it out. For the other 4 shades, you'd look great in the Dollymix, Flirt & Tease, Sunbasque and Blunt, always using the brownish shades under the cheekbone and the other shades for the apple. Hope that helps.