Help with neutral eyeshadows!

RussianRedDani

Hiya,

I've always been into my wacky colours and mostly wear teals, greens, purples, blues etc.

However these aren't particularly good for work, so I am looking to start wearing some nice neutrals during the day and for dates etc.

I currently have Woodwinked, Llama, Shroom etc but I was wondering what else I could use. Also any pinky ones because I have mostly yellow undertones with a bit of pink.

I'm NC40, NW25 for concealer, brown eyes, brown hair and olive skin.

highonmac

There are several options for neutral shadows.

Some to consider are:
Naked lunch, All that glitters, amber lights, mulch, patina, satin taupe or smoke and diamonds, sable, saddle or soft brown and texture.

Hope this helps

lovelydisarray

The first one that came to my mind was Satin Taupe & i agree with all of the above e/s as well! I would also suggest a matte dark brown e/s like Espresso or Concrete that you can do smokey neutral eyes with. Hope that helps! : )

malaviKat

Arena, Expensive Pink, Paradisco... (the latter two are kind of coral-y). :p

Plus stuff like Cork or Bamboo.

1165Cheryl

Hi,

I too have brown hair & eyes and like wearing purples & greens. I mainly wear browns for my "day" look or when wanting a more natural/calmer look. I mainly wear pigments so I cant suggest any e/s names but you can try going with the mauves,coco's, tanish golds, and dark browns. I myself love chocolate brown & coco beach tones and for my lighter ones go with colors like coco, sunnydaze, tans, ect. Tan is great, I wear that a lot during the summer by itself. I'm lucky that both the cool browns and warm browns look good on me.

Are you looking for a frost or a matte? I usually wear a frost and for the highlighter use vanilla (frost) or a semi matte so it doesnt stand out to much. For the days where I want my eyes to really show then Vanilla is my number one
smiles.gif
I use to use shroom a lot before I started wearing pigments, it's a nice color.

You can always add a small touch of green or another accent color to bring a little spark to it
smiles.gif

1165Cheryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by highonmac
There are several options for neutral shadows.

Some to consider are:
Naked lunch, All that glitters, amber lights, mulch, patina, satin taupe or smoke and diamonds, sable, saddle or soft brown and texture.

Hope this helps

She's so right, these are all great!!!!

RussianRedDani

Added these for my to look at list.

I've got Jest already and I really love the colour but I find it a bit hard to wear. I can't even remember what context I picked it up in because I don't remember an MUA using it on me. Haha!

fallenang3l211

brule, soba, vanilla, mystery, charcoal brown. brule is my new fav, i use it daily! i also use satin taupe & mulch as daily es. idk if its too dark for you, but i also use carbon for a more dramatic smokey eye!

i use nw25 for my studio sculpt concealer..and i'm a sucker for purples and greens. i have a palette full of browns and a half a palette full of highlight colors. dazzlelight is another fav.

RussianRedDani

Goodness this list is getting long. Haha. You guys are amazing. It sounds so super stupid but when I look at neutrals it scares me a bit because I just don't know what to look for.

Going to have fun playing in the shop with these and picking the ones I want
greengrin.gif

L1LMAMAJ

patina, satin taupe, bronze, cork are all nice brown neutral shades. get different finishes so you don't end up looking like a disco ball. my fave are mattes and satin.
greengrin.gif

SweetCheeks

I cannot live without m Woodwinked and Tempting, but another good one is Romp, a true golden brown with no red tones in it, it is a frost but it isn't 'too much' ... a gorgeous shade that goes with so many looks ! I wear it in the crease a lot.